What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sione

slotmachine

First Grade
What's sione doing off the bench? Fitz and guerra both play 80 minutes and have been some of our better performers...

Old dog

Juniors
If you don't play Sione in 13 then he is reserves, Buhrer has played mostly as relief for hooker but not needed if Levi is in 17, if Buhrer is 6 then need Levi and Sione survives at centre due to no one else ????.
Whatever way you shuffle it the bottom line is the pack needs to fire, ball needs to be held and they all need to back each other up and play with enthusiasm, we must work with what we have.

macavity

Referee
I really liked Sione in the back row. Runs good lines and is ok in defence when in tight.

He is struggling in the centres though.

Yosh

Coach
I always thought he would go straight into the backrow. Pity he has had all those concussions... Hopefully he finds his feet sooner rather than later. I really like the player but his form definitely deserves questioning.

TooheysNew

Coach
I cant keep up. Can you just list out the names of the people on your shit list so i can reference it later?

Spot On

Coach
Brown has a few years of history putting up with centres that can't tackle. It looks set to continue. Not sure why Brown can't settle on a defensive pattern that is more successful than the rubbish we've been dishing up for a few years and that is now continuing 6 rounds into this season.

If we continue to look inept in defence this week, something other than Brock Lamb being punted must happen. We can't keep going like this.

slotmachine

First Grade
I think Sione would be gone too if the cupboard was anything but bare.

It's already cogger time, and we're one more injury away from Denniss or Yates in firsts. No bueno.

perverse

Referee
I think Sione would be gone too if the cupboard was anything but bare.

It's already cogger time, and we're one more injury away from Denniss or Yates in firsts. No bueno.
That's pretty much it. We haven't exactly been flush with centres since Brown got here.

mozza91

Coach
We need to go after a centre. All this money in the cap this year to spend. Surely there’s someone available.

TooheysNew

Coach
It’s simple really Coby.
Is Brown coaching Sione to rush out of line and tackle no one?
If he isn’t then Sione needs to be dropped.
Denniss, SKD, Buhrer can all fill in for now.
No excuses but we all Sione is a protected specie.
Please answer my question.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
With the way Sione is going along with the fact that he’s not a backrower anymore due to concussions, who wants to predict the odds of him being signed beyond this year? I’d guess it’s a 1 in 2 chance atm.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I have zero doubt that Brown and Mooney wanted more depth in centre position before this year. But that didn’t work out in end and best option was Moga and Sione. I believe Brown would be very disappointed in how Sione has gone defensively this year, but that goes for most of team in the games we’ve lost. No consistency in moving as one and too mny poor decisions.

The only option I’d see that’d be a change for next week if sione has another defensive shocker would be SKD moved in and a winger used from lower grades.

I see absolutely zero benefit in Dennis or whoever else is playing centres in reserves as they have performed poorly themselves and it also just means you have more players having to learn to play together, which just means more defensive mistakes.

Until Brown and mooney can find a better replacement for the centre position outside of the club, hopefully before June 30.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
On top of that the team clearly needs more work together in defensive structures and making those 1% moments for 80mins and help your mate in defence. The lack of talk out there in some defensive sets is appalling.