What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clint Gutherson named as Co-Captain of Parramatta Eels

lucablight

First Grade
The Parramatta Eels Club has announced today that Clint Gutherson will Co-Captain the Parramatta Eels alongside Tim Mannah and Beau Scott for the remainder of the 2018 season.

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said all three players will rotate the captaincy duties and share on and off field responsibilities associated with the role.

“Each player brings different strengths to our team, and Clint has certainly proven his leadership skills and deserves to be rewarded for it. Clint will have the opportunity to develop as a leader under the tutelage of two experienced captains in Tium and Beau”, said Brad.

Clint Gutherson, a fan favourite, said he looks forward to the challenge of having more responsibility within the team.

“It’s a massive honour to share the captaincy of this Club and I’m looking forward to leading our team for the rest of the season,” said Clint

This is a great move. I’ve been calling for Gutherson to be made Captain for a long time. He’s the most inspirational player in the team and a natural leader. I still remember a game against the Warriors last season where we barely had any players left on the bench and the entire team was out on its feet and we needed someone to stand up and take charge. He was the one who dragged the team over the line.

strider

Post Whore
Long live the king!

this is probably an admission that tim and beau could well be dropped but gutho is in the team as long as he is healthy

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Three captains?

28swel.jpg

T.S Quint

Coach
BA didn't have Mannah as captain in 2016, iirc.
He chose Scott and Foran as our co-captains for that (or was it only Foran by himself?), only reverting back to Mannah after Foran went off the rails. I never thought he saw Mannah as our long-term option as captain, and obviously Scott is on his way out anyway due to age.

Gutho was the likely next choice. I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Brown named as co-captains for next season.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
LMAO at co captains in professional sport,this isn't under 8's where you make everyone captain so you don't hurt there feelings,Gutho should be the sole captain

BA is a moron