What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce's pec injury: end of Newcastle's playoff bid. End of NSW Origin chances?

Mitchell Pearce's pectoral injury will keep him out of the game for four months. This surely ends Newcastle's chances of a top 8 spot. Perhaps it also ends NSW's chances of beating Queensland in Origin.

Before this tragedy Mitchell was doing so well.

adamkungl

Immortal
Newcastle still have a decent shot at the 8.
Not the toughest draw in the next 2 months. If they get the wins against the teams below them to hold their current position they'll be in with a shot through July-August.
Time for Lamb and Cogger to step up

kdalymc

Bench
Yeah, wtf. How would this be a bad thing for New South Wales. I’m scared as a Queenslander.

JJ

Immortal
This could well be Albert's best thread

Low bar but like calling the season over because of Cronk signing this one has humour, I laughed. But this one added irony which was really good :blush: Literally LOL funny

Generalzod

Immortal
Mitchell Pearce's pectoral injury will keep him out of the game for four months. This surely ends Newcastle's chances of a top 8 spot. Perhaps it also ends NSW's chances of beating Queensland in Origin.

Before this tragedy Mitchell was doing so well.
Oh you must be so happy about that lol

Noname36

First Grade
they're looking more confident but a lot of that flowed from Pearce imo

That’s the real problem IMO. I was watching their attack on Saturday night and it’s quite intricate/structured and Pearce was pulling the strings in everything. It will be hard for the side to adjust. Cogger/Watson/Lamb are decent, although not brilliant, young kids but they just don’t have the experience/composure/influence of Pearce to organise everything (who for all SOO stuff aside is a great club footballer).

At least I know they won’t lay down and give up but it will be very tough for them. Most commentators have them down to collect the spoon again now so I hope they can prove them wrong.

Reactions: gUt