What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISP

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Just watching the Panthers-Dragons game.I certainly hope we are not relying on this mob as back up to the NRL squad on performance to date.
Field has been a speed bump for 3 tries and really needs to improve his defence big time.
Hope things get better but very average.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I have been designed to the fact that we will lose Jai Field to a rival team for some time now. He is stuck behind multiple players who we have signed long term, and I have always thought he was less good than them anyway, but also too good to just sit around waiting in ISP as a backup.

The only scenario I see us keeping Field is if we lose Dufty next year (by the way I think Storm chasing Dufty as a Slater replacement is a far bigger danger than some realise)

Dragon66

Juniors
What a waste of talent we have in ISP. Never been a fan of Matty Head as a coach. The performances of his teams since joining the Dragons coaching ranks has been ordinary at best.
On the team’s performances this year there are very few of our juniors who inspire confidence that they are ready for the step up.
Head’s meant to be developing them to be ready for callup.
What a disappointment and waste of some exceptional talent under his watch.
A total lack of energy and commitment by the playing group is very disappointing.

ouryears

Bench
Just watching the Panthers-Dragons game.I certainly hope we are not relying on this mob as back up to the NRL squad on performance to date.
Field has been a speed bump for 3 tries and really needs to improve his defence big time.
Hope things get better but very average.
Sure look totally average, we look poorly coached, not any enthusiasm, soft... and just crap.

I haven't spotted one player I would consider for first grade, forwards don't make many post contact metres and the defence resembles our first grade era under Price.

Has anyone seen any thing different?

If we get more than one injury in the top grade... we will be in trouble.

denis preston

First Grade
Sure look totally average, we look poorly coached, not any enthusiasm, soft... and just crap.

I haven't spotted one player I would consider for first grade, forwards don't make many post contact metres and the defence resembles our first grade era under Price.

Has anyone seen any thing different?

If we get more than one injury in the top grade... we will be in trouble.

A WTF performance. Head ( and Timmins FFS ) is a job for the boys appointment and look how it shows. What was particularly disappointing was the full time players efforts and the only slack i will give them is playing around this rabble.It certainly showed Host , Sele , Laurie & the hooker as plodders today so i will go with coach issues, it's our best excuse !

hermidale1

Juniors
A WTF performance. Head ( and Timmins FFS ) is a job for the boys appointment and look how it shows. What was particularly disappointing was the full time players efforts and the only slack i will give them is playing around this rabble.It certainly showed Host , Sele , Laurie & the hooker as plodders today so i will go with coach issues, it's our best excuse !
Was at the game today and Host received a hip injury midway in the first half which he played through but came off with 10 to go.
Most of the damage by Penrith was down our left edge.
Sele tried hard and Lawrie had moments.
Our halves were ordinary, and FIeld plus Robson weren't much better.
Johns defence was poor and Payne not much better.
But plenty of teams have bad days. This team has played better prior. With Nicholls and Clune in the team, they look far better.

ALSGI

Bench
Thanks hermidale1, I’ve only seen the two tv games so was really hoping it was a bad day.

denis preston

First Grade
Was at the game today and Host received a hip injury midway in the first half which he played through but came off with 10 to go.
But plenty of teams have bad days. This team has played better prior. With Nicholls and Clune in the team, they look far better.
Thanks mate. You were there so it bumps whatever i observed on TV. Sure hope it was a bad day and not having both halves is a pretty good excuse for a clunky display but they have been giving away points all year.
Some good players badly coached ?

Bench
I think that the coach of the ISP needs to prepare the team and also manage the transition of players through to first grade. This has been sadly lacking since JD left us.
The team today was a rabble. Defence was non existent at times. Field in particular was very poor. I also thought that he looked small and not as muscular as Dufty.
The SOO is going to hit us hard and I didn’t see anyone who could make the jump to first grade, except Host and Sele.
We need a decent coach for both our lower grades.

New Dragon

Juniors
Its actually the full timers that concern me most with some of the next gen. Payne and Clune are part time and frankly to me do a reasonable job given they train twice a week especially Clune who has been missed these last two weeks. I also would cut johns some slack as he is an under 20's player who has not had one session with the top squad not even for experience which to me defies logic as all other clubs will do this from time to time with even younger players to give them a taste. Johns pretty much gets picked in ISP and then gets captains run with the players that come down in what is probably when defending on your line one of the more difficult positions. His problem yesterday was his reads not his contact and just like a lot of them seemed Gassed very early. This is an experience thing playing against the top players as we know there is a massive gap between 20's and these grades. You can tell I actually like him because he hits hard and makes good post contact meters from the back of the field. Guys like Sailor, lovadua, even Garrick and some forwards have been in the top squad for some time now and I would think progress would be ore obvious. And lets agree Nichols makes a massive difference to this side.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Our ISP team is poorly coached. Head wants to soebd more time being water boy for 1st grade rather than getting these guys ready. Last year was a prime example. He was found running water in 1st's while his team was playing at another venue.
No point picking on how poorly we played, we have a lot of developing players, part-timers and youngsters stepping up from a competition which resembles touch footy. Add in a "coach" who isnt really focused on the role and there's your recipe for disaster.
Head should step aside and let someone else coach them who is focused on them alone.
We really need our ISP to he strong with players pushing for 1st grade selection. At present it just looks like a group of guys who get together once a week to strap on the boots. No doubting their efforts mind you, but no-one seems to know their role other rhan get it to Field and hope he scores a run away try or 2. That appears to be the only game plan.
Fixing this will go a long way to restoring faith in our 1st grade replacements when they are needed.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Penrith's ISP's Eisenhuth looked to go alright yesterday. I am guessing that he is the brother of West's Eisenhuth. Maybe he would be worth having a closer look at?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Tom Eisenhuth.

Played one NRL game for Penrith in 2012.

Just the bloke we need.
I just read today that Tom is apparently in contention to play first grade for Penrith this week, so they must think that he form is alright.

It was the first time that I saw him play and I thought he was one of Penriths best on Saturday. I wasn't even sure what position he played, but I thought it may have been prop, like his brother. I thought he may be a youngster. If I knew how old he was I wouldn't have suggested having a closer look at him.