What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs the DOGS

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
and if anyone wants a laugh the Kennel is great reading this morning

I won't comment on that, cause last time I did, the post was removed. (still attempting to work out why).

Last night's game was about never giving up.

The news on Dylan don't sound good either. There is a tear in the shoulder. May need surgery.

murraymob

First Grade
back on the dogs game. Massive effort by the boys with so many out. .Our forwards are dominating. We are setting up well and the injured brigade will filter back. Love the dummy half combination of Katoa and Egan

OldPanther

Coach
My apologies for the spoil OP,at least you'll see some good football from our lot. Phillips played like he is despatrate to be in the NRL. In fact,he was a class above any other back out there.

It's all good. I came onto the forum knowing there was a game I hadn't seen yet. My responsibility.

Good to have such quality depth. Not many clubs could get second on the ladder with the same amount of injuries.

GongPanther

Referee
It's all good. I came onto the forum knowing there was a game I hadn't seen yet. My responsibility.

Good to have such quality depth. Not many clubs could get second on the ladder with the same amount of injuries.
I'll keep it mind to hush up about a game till the next day.Give one time to see it if it's been recorded.

Frankus

Juniors
I won't comment on that, cause last time I did, the post was removed. (still attempting to work out why).

Last night's game was about never giving up.

The news on Dylan don't sound good either. There is a tear in the shoulder. May need surgery.
Nearly every time a shoulder is dislocated the labrum (cartilage) holding the head of humerus in place tears.

If you are lucky you can get away with popping it back in and then managing the injury if it’s a small labral tear. But it is more likely (depending how aggressive the dislocation is), a reconstruction will be required because the ligaments usually get slightly stretched and the labral tear increases likelihood of recurring disclocation.

Let’s hope it’s minor and he can manage it through the season then get surgery in the off season. Shoulder reconstructions are pretty nasty things.

DWZ is an excellent backup if it is the year. We might also have to look at May in the centres depending on what happens

franklin2323

Immortal
DWZ is an excellent backup if it is the year. We might also have to look at May in the centres depending on what happens

I'd even look at May as FB if we want some extra ball play. Though I'd go Blake if Edwards is out for the season. He'd get more ball and carve up the middle

soc123_au

Staff member
Blake at fullback could carve up. But could also be a disaster. He is a beast at centre, so best left there. DWZ has wanted a crack in the 1 for years. He has been patient & deserves his shot. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t do a great job there.

kinghippo

Juniors
Blake played a very large amount of his junior career at full back, he wouldn’t be as bad as people may think.
DWZ has had a few shots at fullback before and his hands can be terrible too.
In saying that he still deserves first shot but Blake really could be awesome

tripster

Juniors
Surely the shuffle will be DWZ to FB and Phillips to wing, and it will remain that way until either Edwards is back or we get another injury (heaven forbid)....

Exsilium

First Grade
You know that if DWZ gets the fullback spot we will probably start our sets well off the back of his kick returns.

franklin2323

Immortal
Blake played a very large amount of his junior career at full back, he wouldn’t be as bad as people may think.
DWZ has had a few shots at fullback before and his hands can be terrible too.
In saying that he still deserves first shot but Blake really could be awesome

My way of thinking is Whare/Peachey will likely be centres. Unless he carves up Phillips will go out when Blake is back. Pushing Blake to the wing which will waste him DWZ can play wing well. I saw Blake play FB a few NYC games and was decent enough

Latest posts