What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Podcasts

They are all too scared to offload because to date most offloads have led to errors.
But i agree there needs to be more 2nd phase play so as to get defences retreating.
Bit like 2009 we started the season poorly then started offloading ans started scoring points.
But this is a different team and the game is different now.
I don't know the answer and if BA does he hasn't told the players yet because it's the same stuff every week in attack.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Cheers guys. I sense and share the frustration. Its gotta happen soon. Keep the faith boys.
If nothing else, Hayne to the wing will be required watching. Should absolutely show where hes at physically and mentally. Cant wait.
Cheers. Loved it.

Gazzamatta

Coach
There ya go boys. No jinx whatsoever.
Qudos to BA. The attack was definitely tweaked. Offloads and our halfs standing that little bit deeper ruled this week. Be interested to hear your thoughts on Mannahs performance. His benching worked well. A lot of meters ran but mostly kick returns. I felt he never bent the line and never even contemplated an off load. Hard to find fault in his defence though. Who would you drop for Brown? Gowie was magnificent.
Cheers guys. Looking forward to an upbeat Podcast.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I’m slow out of the blocks with this and only discovered it this week. Enjoyable listen. Looking forward to hearing this weeks already! The big difference for mine is that Mitch and Corey’s first few steps are straight at the line. It stops the easy slide in defence. Regardless, Go Parra.

Forty20

First Grade
I’m slow out of the blocks with this and only discovered it this week. Enjoyable listen. Looking forward to hearing this weeks already! The big difference for mine is that Mitch and Corey’s first few steps are straight at the line. It stops the easy slide in defence. Regardless, Go Parra.

Yeah the side-to-side nature of our attack from the second half of Round 1 until the end of Round 6 has been one of the most frustrating talking points each episode this year. Will feel good to finally sink our teeth into a strong win!

There ya go boys. No jinx whatsoever.
Qudos to BA. The attack was definitely tweaked. Offloads and our halfs standing that little bit deeper ruled this week. Be interested to hear your thoughts on Mannahs performance. His benching worked well. A lot of meters ran but mostly kick returns. I felt he never bent the line and never even contemplated an off load. Hard to find fault in his defence though. Who would you drop for Brown? Gowie was magnificent.
Cheers guys. Looking forward to an upbeat Podcast.
I don't think I have ever seen Gower have a bad game. I don't understand why he hasn't been picked in FG a lot more than he has while he's been here?

I wasn't over complementary of Kaysa last week but he was very good yesterday, infact some of the good work from our halves is because of Kaysa, he engaged the markers, ran at the right times and defended with vigor.
So I'll eat humble pie, King was good for Wenty but not where near as good as Kaysa was in first grade.
More of the same please!

Last edited:
This weeks Podcast is up now, We review our victory over the Sea Eagles and preview this weeks game against the Tigers.
*WARNING* Contains Coarse Language.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hey PM. Do The Eels have an ANZAC Jersey this year?
Any idea if we will get a Superheros Jersey this year?
Ta

Hey PM. Do The Eels have an ANZAC Jersey this year?
Any idea if we will get a Superheros Jersey this year?
Ta
No Anzac jersey.
We will get a marvel superheroes jersey but not sure which hero it will be yet.
We have a home, away, heritage, foundation and indigenous jersey confirmed as far as I know so far.

Happy MEel

First Grade
This might require too much research (well more than I’m obviously prepared to take on) but perhaps some discussion on ages of players (particularly older players) to make decent comebacks from ACL’s and/or repeated ruptures.

This is in respect to T-Rex’s career going forward.

This week's pod is up, review the Tigers victory and preview the Sharks game plus all the junior and wenty games. *WARNING Contains coarse language*