What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece robson

Dragonscales

Juniors
McGregor has said in press conferences that he considers Mann as a 13. as much as he considers him a back. So in McGregors head he's picked 3 middles and a young hooker on the bench.

If it were up to me, If I were to pick Robson I wouldn't pick Mann. Although, Mann has come off the bench in the middle for several rounds now and has good pretty good so I don't think it's the end of the world.

Ritzley

Juniors
I've seen this movie before.
When a young forward is told he's in the 17 to make his debut, tells his family and friends, gets tickets and they all wait in anticipation only for:
(a) He doesn't get off the bench
(b) Is dropped out of the 17 with 1hr before play.

I really hope these scenarios don't come to pass, but as I said I've seen this happen before (Host I think it was on debut).

I'm sure it happened to Justin Poore as well - didn't he get dropped just before his debut because his second tier salary pushed them over the cap at the time? Might be wrong.

giboz71

First Grade
Lichaa got named for the Dogs even after the coach said he got dropped and didn’t make the trip to Brisbane.

#justsayin

getsmarty

Immortal
Robson set for NRL debut in crucial Dragons clash
  • Dragons Den News
    r0_7_3181_2121_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Talented junior: Dragons' Reece Robson. Picture: Adam McLean.

• Junior Kangaroos representative Reece Robson is in line to make his NRL debut after being named in the Dragons 17 for Sunday’s clash with the Storm.

The emerging hooker will likely act as a backup for Cameron McInnes in a move that indicates coach Paul McGregor is preparing his side for the Origin period, in which McInnes, and potentially four other forwards, could be missing from the competition leaders.

St George Illawarra fullback Matthew Dfuty has confidence Robson will slide straight into the side should he take to the Jubilee Oval turf on Sunday.

“He’s been doing the job in NSW Cup,” Dufty said. “He’s been working hard at training and he’s getting a crack this week.”

Robson played SG Ball with the Dragons and featured in the Australian Schoolboys and NSW Under 18s sides in 2016.

He then backed an impressive 2016 with an outstanding 2017, gaining NSW Under 20 and Junior Kangaroo selection.

• https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5376270/robson-in-line-for-nrl-debut/?cs=3713

dino1

Juniors
Robson set for NRL debut in crucial Dragons clash
  • Dragons Den News
    r0_7_3181_2121_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Talented junior: Dragons' Reece Robson. Picture: Adam McLean.

• Junior Kangaroos representative Reece Robson is in line to make his NRL debut after being named in the Dragons 17 for Sunday’s clash with the Storm.

The emerging hooker will likely act as a backup for Cameron McInnes in a move that indicates coach Paul McGregor is preparing his side for the Origin period, in which McInnes, and potentially four other forwards, could be missing from the competition leaders.

St George Illawarra fullback Matthew Dfuty has confidence Robson will slide straight into the side should he take to the Jubilee Oval turf on Sunday.

“He’s been doing the job in NSW Cup,” Dufty said. “He’s been working hard at training and he’s getting a crack this week.”

Robson played SG Ball with the Dragons and featured in the Australian Schoolboys and NSW Under 18s sides in 2016.

He then backed an impressive 2016 with an outstanding 2017, gaining NSW Under 20 and Junior Kangaroo selection.

• https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5376270/robson-in-line-for-nrl-debut/?cs=3713
BUT Can he play first grade. If he can PI# off lafai or nightengale

kit66

Bench
If we're behind or the scores are close for most of the match Robson won't get on the paddock.
Only injury or an unlikely big lead will see him play. Might as well Put Sele, Host or Lawrie on the bench because our forwards are gonna be working hard this week, could use a break.

possm

Coach
You and OT have the same insane thoughts.
Nighty has made more try saving tackles this year than most in the NRL. He isnt our weak link.

Yes, but that is not to say that a replacement winger - Mann or Lomax would not do the dame. However, it is without question that both Mann and Lomax would have the potential to score more tries than Nightingale has. In addition it is debatable that another faster winger would have saved even more tries.

possm

Coach
If we're behind or the scores are close for most of the match Robson won't get on the paddock.
Only injury or an unlikely big lead will see him play. Might as well Put Sele, Host or Lawrie on the bench because our forwards are gonna be working hard this week, could use a break.
I believe this game, the game against the Storm, the game against a team that not only played extremely well last round but are the defending premiers, is the wrong time to experiment.

We do need to make provision for the games when our stars will be out because of rep. selection. All I am saying is that the game against the Storm is not the time to experiment.

ouryears

Bench
Yes, but that is not to say that a replacement winger - Mann or Lomax would not do the dame. However, it is without question that both Mann and Lomax would have the potential to score more tries than Nightingale has. In addition it is debatable that another faster winger would have saved even more tries.

I understand nighty hasn't got the speed now possum, but I see lots and lots...and lots of fast backs every week who get to their man.... but miss the tackle including Jimmy the Jet, Ferguson, Val Holmes, our own Nene and a stack of others.

Nighty is a tough defender, hardly ever misses. He puts his body on the line every time.

Having speed doesn't mean you make the tackle.

Look at Field in ISP, speed to burn, but gets pushed off time after time.

Nighty is streets ahead of our ISP players, they can't even beat many other ISP teams for goodness sakes.

The ISP guys positional play is appalling, they would be eaten up and spat out in first grade.

I am happy for one to be given 20 mins in firsts but picking the game and time is difficult.

All I know is I would rather have Nighty outside me than a young guy from ISP.... who still needs to learn to tackle and position himself.

I guess we just have to get the ball to Dufty and Nene to score the run away tries (and Hunt, Lafai and Widdop)

possm

Coach
I understand nighty hasn't got the speed now possum, but I see lots and lots...and lots of fast backs every week who get to their man.... but miss the tackle including Jimmy the Jet, Ferguson, Val Holmes, our own Nene and a stack of others.

Nighty is a tough defender, hardly ever misses. He puts his body on the line every time.

Nighty is streets ahead of our ISP players, they can't even beat many other ISP teams for goodness sakes.

The ISP guys positional play is appalling, they would be eaten up and spat out in first grade.

I am happy for one to be given 20 mins in firsts but picking the game and time is difficult.

All I know is I would rather have Nighty outside me than a young guy from ISP.... who still needs to learn to tackle and position himself.

I guess we just have to get the ball to Dufty and Nene to score the run away tries (and Hunt, Lafai and Widdop)

I completely agree with you in what you have said however, when you can relate these thoughts to Nightingale v Mann or even Nightingale v Lomax, I don't believe the defensive skills are all that much different however, I am totally convinced that the speed is.
'If you can't catch em, you won't tackle em'. ........ Possm May 2018.

ouryears

Bench
I completely agree with you in what you have said however, when you can relate these thoughts to Nightingale v Mann or even Nightingale v Lomax, I don't believe the defensive skills are all that much different however, I am totally convinced that the speed is.

'If you can't catch em, you won't tackle em'. ........ Possm May 2018.
Def I would put Mann on the wing and trust him.

But the club will not drop nighty, guaranteed.

Nighty would have to have 3 shockers in a row for him to be tapped on the shoulder, and he isn't going to have 3 shockers in a row.

Having Mann out there would increase our tries scored, but I am afraid we will have to wait till March next year.

I think nighty will not screw up for us this year. His speed is a concern but we should be able to manage around it. Not saying we should have to, but we will.

Crush

Coach
Nothing like debating whether or not Nightingale should be replaced for the 1000th time in a Reece Robson thread.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this kid goes. Hope he does his job, thats all he needs to do.

Old Timer

Coach

What many people are eluding to is Mann in, Nighty or Lafai out, big body or Robson on the bench.
Now on recent performances you surely don't believe that Mann is worse than Nighty in any respect?
The Mann selection on the bench whilst somewhat beneficial does cause issues with how to balance the rest of the bench and that problem is alleviated if Mann is in the starting side.

Crush

Coach
I don't know much about Reece. I think @BennyV had wraps on him a while back. Anyone know what kind of a hooker he is? It would be nice to have a ball runner come on late in the match like a segyaro type hooker.

ouryears

Bench
What many people are eluding to is Mann in, Nighty or Lafai out, big body or Robson on the bench.
Now on recent performances you surely don't believe that Mann is worse than Nighty in any respect?
The Mann selection on the bench whilst somewhat beneficial does cause issues with how to balance the rest of the bench and that problem is alleviated if Mann is in the starting side.
Nighty is doing his job.
I trust nighty more over Mann, yes

Old Timer

Coach
Nighty is doing his job.
I trust nighty more over Mann, yes
Nighty V Mann
I gave my impression and you gave yours. That's fair and of course you can have that opinion.

I wish I could change your opinion but that's up to you when you see more of what eventuates this year out on the field

The Damo

Juniors
Nighty V Mann
I gave my impression and you gave yours. That's fair and of course you can have that opinion.

I wish I could change your opinion but that's up to you when you see more of what eventuates this year out on the field
Hahaha.
Excellent, This place needs more smartarse humour, less aggressive rudeness. I applaud this trend.

BennyV

Referee
I don't know much about Reece. I think @BennyV had wraps on him a while back. Anyone know what kind of a hooker he is? It would be nice to have a ball runner come on late in the match like a segyaro type hooker.
He's a beast. Save for his last start against Penrith, he's a clever hooker with the strength to play in the back row if needed - not as solid as Havili though. Clean service, strong defence and a smart running game.

ALSGI

Bench
Nighty V Mann

OT, WTF ?
You ok mate?