What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Warriors v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
In what way?

I think we were well in this game. We copped some shitty calls and we were well in it.

Benji and Marsters have to be in the bad books. Brooks didn't do enough as well. Fonua made some mistakes.

We lack some attacking ability but our main issue is just dumb plays at the wrong time. Our attack needs to improve a lot to compete with the top teams in the comp and the Warriors are a top team.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Refs determine games these days. I’m pretty sure they’ve played a major part in all of our losses thus far this season.

We were well in that game until the bullshit ET sin bin

the beavers

Juniors
Might be worth gamble on the bench instead of godinet
I know Reynolds is due back but if your only recognised hooker is only getting 30 mins then at least gamble could come on when our halves are struggling.

We got physically dominated tonight.

A lot of things didn't go our way. Rowdy getting KO'd early. The 2nd sin bin. The worrying thing was people running out of the line in defence and taking nobody. Having said that, the Warriors were bloody good and really should have put 50 on us.

We have progressively been getting worse the last 3 weeks and are falling back into old, bad habits.

The bus has gone into a guard rail after the driver fell asleep pissed. Yes Benji, I'm talking about you

Tiger05

First Grade
Refs determine games these days. I’m pretty sure they’ve played a major part in all of our losses thus far this season.

We were well in that game until the bullshit ET sin bin

Yep. On top of that when ET went close to scoring it was clearly a professional foul and there was no penalty.

We lost the game based on our crap play but geez the refs make a difference to the result.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
Benchie was signed for depth only. It was great he played like he did for 6 weeks, but now he is becoming a liability. Crucial errors in the last 2 games. Time for Gamble, Benchie from the best seat in the house

Vozzy

Juniors
Our forwards were getting rolled in the middle tonight for the first time I thought also. Our hit ups were like 5metres other then Che Kam.

We miss Packer and Aloiai plus Liddle Round the ruck. No more Taylor at hooker he is wasted there. Then Lawrence and Sue went off the forwards lost their way there were missed tackles around the ruck which we haven't done this year

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
I haven't seen the game, but does anyone believe it might be time to give McQueen a run.

Hopefully, we get Packer & Reynolds back sooner than later.

Last edited:

Tigers1986

Juniors
It was our first 'belting' and I'm sure it's what we needed. Thompson is being asked to do too much, should be on the wing. That then forces a hand to play Tui at fullback, and Fonua on the other wing. Noffa is a liability and should be punted to reggies for the season.

Our forwards looked gas and short of ideas, part in parcel due to the hooker conundrum. Packer is hopefully back next week, so that can then settle Taylor, Rochow and Lawrence in the back 3 with Eiso, Aloiai, Chee Kam & Twal off the bench.

The litmus test is Thursday - bounce back and beat the Cowboys and everything is ok. Lose to them, and it's goodbye 2018 and starting to look at the drawing board...again.

Cummins definitely has an agenda against us, yet he wasn't throwing those poor passes or missing the tackles.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think like a lot of posters, we are still in it, we are still only 4 points of the head of the comp and there is a long way to go. I think SOO will help us as well. Hopefully we can restart the bus against the cowboys.

ouryears

Bench
Another loss coming next week vs cowboys
Ha, for an Eels fan to have the stupidity to post a negative comment on a forum that are streets ahead of your rabble, you need to give up the drink,

Best of luck Tigers, you will come back this coming week I am sure

Tiger05

First Grade
Our big problem is our forwards. Thompson showed his downside as well - he isn't a big tough metre eater. I think our back 3 has to stay as it currently stands. Nofo and Fonua give us great go forward plus Fonua scored a great try. I thought Nofo was great.

The big problem though is that our forwards aren't cutting it at all. Lawrence was a huge loss as he is close to our best forward and definitely our best edge forward.

Eisenhuth seems to have hit a wall. Matulino has been really poor the last couple of weeks. We need our forwards to get on the front foot. That is the biggest difference between our losses and our wins.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I'm starting to lose it with this refereeing, How do penalties end up 11 all and one team has a player missing for 20 minutes. I dont see the difference between when the Warrriors were holding down and when the Tigers were but ET gets 10 in the bin. The quick tap is also a dud and needs to go, it results in too many teams fishing for sin bins and since when did Gavet turn into a penalty seeking merkin, 3 penalties he milked and possibly sealed ET's fate. I liked him better when he played for us and just ran hard and belted people.

I would also like to see Chee-Kam wind up and run straight sometimes when close to the oposition line, I like that he is being used more this year but constantly giving him inside balls against a defense that is not tired does not work. He could be a weapon if he learned to run lines similar to what Cooper does at the Cowboys.

All in all, you probably have to remember that the Warriors scored most of their points against 12 players and on the edges, No shame in that.

simmo05

Bench
I'm starting to lose it with this refereeing, How do penalties end up 11 all and one team has a player missing for 20 minutes. I dont see the difference between when the Warrriors were holding down and when the Tigers were but ET gets 10 in the bin. The quick tap is also a dud and needs to go, it results in too many teams fishing for sin bins and since when did Gavet turn into a penalty seeking merkin, 3 penalties he milked and possibly sealed ET's fate. I liked him better when he played for us and just ran hard and belted people.

I would also like to see Chee-Kam wind up and run straight sometimes when close to the oposition line, I like that he is being used more this year but constantly giving him inside balls against a defense that is not tired does not work. He could be a weapon if he learned to run lines similar to what Cooper does at the Cowboys.

All in all, you probably have to remember that the Warriors scored most of their points against 12 players and on the edges, No shame in that.
Before half time the warriors gave away 3 consecutive penalties on their line. No action from the scumbags in the middle. We have been getting properly rogered by these blokes since r1, I cant remember being on the receiving end of so many dud calls

Tiger05

First Grade
Before half time the warriors gave away 3 consecutive penalties on their line. No action from the scumbags in the middle. We have been getting properly rogered by these blokes since r1, I cant remember being on the receiving end of so many dud calls

It was worse than even this. ET was so close to scoring and he was tackled by a player who was offside. It must have been close to a penalty try and there were no send-offs.

Latest posts