What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Warriors v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simmo05

Bench
It was worse than even this. ET was so close to scoring and he was tackled by a player who was offside. It must have been close to a penalty try and there were no send-offs.
He should have been binned for sure

Vic Mackey

Referee
Watched the replay. I didn’t think it was as bad as everyone is making out. It was one of those games where everything went against us.

Losing your captain and important player in the first 5 mins. Sue off for HIA 10 mins later

Nofa sin bin was fine, the ET one was ridiculous and effectively lost the game for us. Especially when an offside player tackled ET as he was about to score yet stayed on the field.

Benji needs to go to the bench or even nsw cup. He was disastrous last night. That kick on the first tackle when it was 10-4 was horrible. Reynolds straight into 6 for mine.

We played a full strength genuine top 4 team who had a 10 day turn around compared to our 6 day and travel. We were missing 3 of our best players and are in a bit of a rut.

Packer, Reynolds and Liddle are all meant to be back next week, Lawrence is our only injury worry and his is only a week.

5-4 is still a great start for us and guess what, in the last 15 games we have 13 in Sydney and none out of nsw. We’ll be uneffected by origin. It’s a good draw.

We’re still ahead of where everybody thought we’d be.

Tigerm

First Grade
Slip, sliding away....
48b121522218ac5f41a1667b3e2c27cd

Sooky la la

I watched the game this morning and I must say Vic, I agree with your comments 100%.

I think the Tigers lost plenty when ET was binned and more so when a 'good leader' should have taken control of 'his' team. Benji didn't do that. I spoke to a mate earlier in season who has always had his doubt about Benji even at his best, plenty of 'league types' talked him up when you'd think he wasn't that good today and yesterday was like that. I think we were lucky at the start of the season having him when Reynolds was hurt but gee, I'd have Reynolds before Benji and let Brooks run the show,

Liddle has to be there with the aim of playing 80 minutes and if he's out, McIlwrick as the 80 minutes player.

We’ll be uneffected by origin.
Yes but we may be effected by the iinternationals and even though it's only 1 game what we don't want or need is for anyone to get hurt.,

Next Thursday at the 'spiritual home' is a big one, why can't it be Sunday arvo with a packed house?

Clifferd

Coach
Watched the replay. I didn’t think it was as bad as everyone is making out. It was one of those games where everything went against us.

Losing your captain and important player in the first 5 mins. Sue off for HIA 10 mins later

Nofa sin bin was fine, the ET one was ridiculous and effectively lost the game for us. Especially when an offside player tackled ET as he was about to score yet stayed on the field.

Benji needs to go to the bench or even nsw cup. He was disastrous last night. That kick on the first tackle when it was 10-4 was horrible. Reynolds straight into 6 for mine.

We played a full strength genuine top 4 team who had a 10 day turn around compared to our 6 day and travel. We were missing 3 of our best players and are in a bit of a rut.

Packer, Reynolds and Liddle are all meant to be back next week, Lawrence is our only injury worry and his is only a week.

5-4 is still a great start for us and guess what, in the last 15 games we have 13 in Sydney and none out of nsw. We’ll be uneffected by origin. It’s a good draw.

We’re still ahead of where everybody thought we’d be.

Agreed mate

Absolutely nothing went our way at all, topped off with Marshall having an absolute stinker

With all that being said, the ET sin bin f**ked us hard

Das Hassler

Bench
Benji has always had a sort of long season ADD...as ive said previously he needs his mr fixit mini challenges. He earned the No. 6 position but now he'll need to earn it back again. Whatever transpires Reynolds wont be fully match fit for awhile so giving him the first 50 or 60 with a pissed off at himself benji to close it out should work better till Reynolds is fully tuned up....maybe even try Benji at the back with Thompson in place of Nofo if his form warrants him being out there ?
Not that i think he'd do a better job than Thompson

super_coach

First Grade
We have zero speed right across our roster and we have zero power outside Packer. To put it bluntly we have a lot of plodders, but they are playing with ticker. I really think we are in for a long few months.

Every team are getting crap calls, but some have the strike power to get over it. Outside Brooks and maybe Thompson we do not have a player capable of out running the opposition

Due to our lack of strike power we really need to play smart,and have a high completion rate backed by a good kicking game if we are to compete,otherwise we will struggle to win and even more so if we get f##ked over by the ref like last weekend .

Tigerm

First Grade
Just seen the Warriors Vs Roosters result. Looks like we wore the poor buggers out last week with all their scoring against us:D

Latest posts