What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrested Development Season 4 ...

bileduct

Coach
... is finally coming in May! All fourteen episodes of season 4 will be released on NetFlix on the same day.

I am really looking forward to this.

roofromoz

First Grade
Hopefully there's an announcement soon of where on Australian TV it will be shown - my guess will be Showcase on Foxtel.

Meanwhile...

Break out the frozen bananas, everyone! The new season of Arrested Development looks like it's going to be a corker.

Bridesmaids' Kristen Wiig and lovable schlub, Seth Rogen will join the cast when the new season airs in the US on Netflix, in May.

According to New York magazine, Wiig will be playing the young Lucille Bluth (Jessica Walter). Makes sense: Wiig and Jason Bateman co-starred in the comedies Extract and Paul (in which they spent their down time inventing the rule-less game “Stop, Stop the Robber’s Coming”).

Wiig and Rogen will join an impressive list of guest stars in the new series which includes Mad Men's John Slattery and Judy Greer.

According to Us magazine, the upcoming season will have each episode dedicated to one character, starting with Jason Bateman's Michael Bluth, Hurwitz announced at The New Yorker Festival back in 2011.

"It's an unusual style of show," he told reporters at the time. "It's all just going to build this peril in their life until they all come together, really, in the first scene of the movie."

Source: UsMagazine

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...development-20130221-2eshn.html#ixzz2LV8RAQqd

bileduct

Coach
I love that Netflix has financed this. Hopefully we will see a lot more content like this released under similar licencing and distribution schemes, taking commercial television completely out of the equation.

Storm13

Juniors
"It's all just going to build this peril in their life until they all come together, really, in the first scene of the movie."

So does this mean the cast won't be all appearing in each episode together?

roofromoz

First Grade
BUMP

Netflix have released a "remixed" the 4th season to have it in a chronological order.

No word on the release date for the 5th season but it's imminent.

I am prematurely shooting my wad in anticipation.

mackdadday

Juniors
Loved the first three seasons but the fourth season seemed absolutely phoned in by a bunch of actors with nothing better to do.

Dogs Of War

Coach
BUMP

Netflix have released a "remixed" the 4th season to have it in a chronological order.

No word on the release date for the 5th season but it's imminent.

I am prematurely shooting my wad in anticipation.

29th of May for season 5. I'm rewatching from the start. Will try the 4th season remix.

roofromoz

First Grade
Based on a deal struck before Netflix arrived in Australia, season 5 is on Foxtel and not Netflix.

Watched the first 2 episodes last night... quality as expected but the ad breaks were crow barred in the middle of scenes which was a bit off putting.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I thought the first episode of season 5 pretty much followed on the crap fest of season four.

I found the first 3 did. Then suddenly all those references to jokes and scenes that you needed see the visual joke started coming in. It was like he took a while for him to find his groove again while writing the new season.