What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ball incident

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
OKB1 mate no ball (s) or not it was downright rude and unsportsmanlike of him , not to accept young Jeremy's apology . I mean it was an accident after all :smirk: .

That’s true, G67.
Whatever happened to the good old days of keeping it in the field?

I’ll go so far as to say that not only does he have no balls, he wears skirts, not shorts........ not that there’s anything wrong with that.

st shaneoh

Juniors
That’s true, G67.
Whatever happened to the good old days of keeping it in the field?

I’ll go so far as to say that not only does he have no balls, he wears skirts, not shorts........ not that there’s anything wrong with that.
How many grubby incidents has Smith and his cheating c#nt mates been involved with in the last 10 or so years. He's a grub of the highest order. F#CK him. Just shut the F#ck your f#cken mouth. We smashed you cheating c#nts

Frank Facer

First Grade
This is why I love Latimore. Tough as nails and uncompromising and will push the boundaries when required. He’s the perfect role player off the bench. I recall him standing over Holmes and barking at him when he had a dropped ball. Loved it.

For those wanting him dropped for Sele or Host, then be prepared to lose that aggression. Reminds me of the days when we had Jezza Smith as our attack dog.

Between Lats, Tariq, JDB and JG no one will f##k with our forward pack this year.
I wish that Latimore would run hard, like Frizell does.

I would like to see Latimore run through the line and make a break to 2. I would like to see him put some fear in defenders.

Frank Facer

First Grade
A couple of comments:
1. I read Smih's complaint first last night. I think it was on NRL.com and reported as a "punch". So in this case not the Tele's initiative.
2. I am so glad so many Forum members have pointed to what Smith was doing to Lattimore with his shoulder, arm and elbow. I only saw the one replay but that is what stood out for me.
3. We refer to "Tall Poppies' Syndrome" in Australia, the rubbishing of leading figures. But as in this case some Tall Poppies do not deserve their favourable media image. Yes Cameron Smith is a great enduring footballer but a sneaky, cheating grub at the same time, just like his little buddy Billy.
4. To me it is a complete travesty of justice that one Australian sporting captain named Smith is in disgrace for acquiescing in the breaking of the Laws of the Game while another Australian sporting captain named Smith retains his respectable image while carrying on wih unsporting behaviour week in week out.
5. Onya big Jeremy!!
Good post.

ouryears

Bench
How many grubby incidents has Smith and his cheating c#nt mates been involved with in the last 10 or so years. He's a grub of the highest order. F#CK him. Just shut the F#ck your f#cken mouth. We smashed you cheating c#nts
Ok, calm the farm. That's a whole lot of words there st shaneoh.

giboz71

First Grade

I would like to see Latimore run through the line and make a break to 2. I would like to see him put some fear in defenders.

Not every forward can be like Sims and Friz. In a roster of 30, it’s good to have these old hard heads in the side to do all the dirty work that no one notices. His tackle on Munster saved a try but no one talks about it as it doesn’t make any highlight reels.

Even Bennett during our premiership year gave plenty of game time to guys like Jon Green to do all the tough stuff.

Lats is a valuable guy to have in the team who would cost practically nothing as well.

Not every forward can be like Sims and Friz. In a roster of 30, it’s good to have these old hard heads in the side to do all the dirty work that no one notices. His tackle on Munster saved a try but no one talks about it as it doesn’t make any highlight reels.

Even Bennett during our premiership year gave plenty of game time to guys like Jon Green to do all the tough stuff.

Lats is a valuable guy to have in the team who would cost practically nothing as well.

Not Latimores biggest fan, but that tackle was right in front of us, it was a ripper.
He had a good overall game against the Storm.

giboz71

First Grade
Not Latimores biggest fan, but that tackle was right in front of us, it was a ripper.
He had a good overall game against the Storm.

It’s all about bang for buck isn’t it? We’ve spent up big locking up our spine long term so you need these types of signings to fill the rest of the squad.

Lats is on a 1 year deal probably costing next to nothing. Most would have expected to play reggies all year so having him play well enough to be selected in the 17 every week is a great thing. And it forces all the fringe forwards like Host, Sele, Luc, Kerr and Lawrie to raise their game or they won’t get a look in.

Another astute buy from Millward.

Walpole

Juniors

I don't think Latimore could reach the speeds Frizell does if he was running downhill with a wind at his back. But he does what he can, provides a big body in the middle of the field and gives the starters a rest. Like a lot of others I'd prefer Sele had been given more time but Latimore is doing a good job for the team.

And he's now given us an unexpected highlight!

It’s all about bang for buck isn’t it? We’ve spent up big locking up our spine long term so you need these types of signings to fill the rest of the squad.

Lats is on a 1 year deal probably costing next to nothing. Most would have expected to play reggies all year so having him play well enough to be selected in the 17 every week is a great thing. And it forces all the fringe forwards like Host, Sele, Luc, Kerr and Lawrie to raise their game or they won’t get a look in.

Another astute buy from Millward.

Yep, they can’t all be superstars, I mean Matt Prior has won two premierships.

BAM, Matt Prior slam outta nowhere.

Gareth67

First Grade
Had always thought highly of the man , even when he was playing with the red & whites on the first occasion. I use to think that someone with a noggar like his , must be have something going for him - and lo and behold we all discover that he was an excellent marble player when he was a kid ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think Latimore has surprised everyone.
I know what you mean running hard because he's a big lump of lad but I for one believe he has contributed immensely off the bench.
We lost very little when he came on and he doesn't shirk the tough stuff.
He actually seems to be improving too so maybe he is building up to his true potential.
Hope he keeps it up because he is definitely making a difference.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yep.

And the same comments used to come from this forum about Prior.

Plodder, can’t break the line etc etc.

The guy has 2 rings now.
Prior didn't run hard enough either. lol

I was at a game of Saints vs Manly at Brookvale many years ago. I was sitting in the stand behind the goal posts and we had just scored a try. Our players were jogging back to get ready to receive the kickoff restart and I stood up and yelled out to Jason Ryles. "RYLES" He lookup at me, and I then yelled "RUN HARD"