What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ball incident

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Latimore has surprised everyone.
I know what you mean running hard because he's a big lump of lad but I for one believe he has contributed immensely off the bench.
We lost very little when he came on and he doesn't shirk the tough stuff.
He actually seems to be improving too so maybe he is building up to his true potential.
Hope he keeps it up because he is definitely making a difference.
Yes Dennis, I agree with what you are saying. If he ran harder, he would be even better. Maybe someone should make him angry before he runs out on the field.

giboz71

First Grade
If we do make a run at the comp this year, I don’t necessarily think Lats would be a walk up start in the 17 for a big semi final game. By then, hopefully someone like Sele, Luc, Host etc would have stepped up.

But over the course of a 26 Round season that culminates in the semis, a guy like Latimore would have played his part.

Yes Dennis, I agree with what you are saying. If he ran harder, he would be even better. Maybe someone should make him angry before he runs out on the field.
Actually you make a good point - something riled him in the first Cronulla game and he really tore in and shook up their much vaunted pack.
Maybe there was some bad blood there.
Face slapping in the sheds maybe? Back to Roy Master's methods LOL

If we do make a run at the comp this year, I don’t necessarily think Lats would be a walk up start in the 17 for a big semi final game. By then, hopefully someone like Sele, Luc, Host etc would have stepped up.

But over the course of a 26 Round season that culminates in the semis, a guy like Latimore would have played his part.

As I said, I thought he had a pretty good game gained the Storm, maybe he’s just one of those players that only rips in if he’s feeling it, or maybe Graham has had a word to him?

Frank Facer

First Grade

If Latimore plays most of the premiership games, then I can't see him being dropped when we make the semi's, nor should he. As I said, I just wish he would run harder and rip in.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If Latimore plays most of the premiership games, then I can't see him being dropped when we make the semi's, nor should he. As I said, I just wish he would run harder and rip in.
I did call Latimore soft at the beginning of the season, hoping that it may fire him up and want to prove me wrong. lol

Maybe Mary should tell him that some fans think he is soft and that may fire him up? lol

I will admit that he is going alright and better than I expected.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Agree giboz
I think Latimore could be our 2018 equivalent to how green was to our 2010 premiership team.
He is exceeding what I though he could do.
He is also loved by the younger guys in the team.