What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What we need is a good centre or two

glockers

Juniors
I've been thinking about a few of our issues. Increasingly I think we need to sign a good defensive centre, even as a mid season signing.

This would enable us to shift Kevvy to fullback, who I think plays well in that position, then shift Thompson back to the wing. Nofoluma back to reggies until he learns how to defend.

Speaking of which, Fonua was the sole cause of that first Warriors try. I think I am preferring MWZ there.

Alternative to signing a centre is playing Chee Kam as a starting centre.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We have some major problems which have come to the fore & which r no surprise.Our spine is our biggest problem.The 6 & 7 can’t b relied upon to consistently steer the ship Liddle is forever injured & can’t play for 80 & our admirable fullback would b on the wing if we had a gun no.1.

I was just wondering whether we’ve had a repeat set since the manly game.Maybe 1 v knights.

As the season progresses the decision as to whether to give Benji another yr will become very obvious !

Clifferd

Coach
Also Chee Kam is a f**king gun. I’d almost be tempted to swap him in for Rochow and play 80 mins in the back row

Despite us playing like shit yesterday, I thought he was easily our best

glockers

Juniors
I know there are other issues. My thoughts are something like:

1. Kevvy
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Chee Kam
5. MWZ
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
13. Eisenhuth
12. Taylor
11. Lawrence
10. Matulino
9. Reynolds
8. Packer

14. MCILLWRICK
15. TWAL
16. SUE/FELISE
17. ROCHow

I would start Reynolds for flexibility. McIllwrick comes on after half an hour and reynolds comes back on in the second half in the 6 or 9 depending on what is needed.

In my opinion some good points raised above. My ideal team would be (assuming all player are available):

1. Tui
2. Thommo
3. Marsters
4. Kev
5. Fonua
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10 Matelino
11. Rowdy
12. ET
13. Eiso

14. Marshall
15. Twal
16. Aloiai
17. Rochow

Although I think Thommo in better form I don't think Tui has been that bad. We need to find out if Liddle is going to be our 9 and there's only one way to do that. Start him and give him plenty of minutes. All the good 9's play 80 and we need to see if we have one. I like ET wider as be offers more in attack when given some room.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents

Tiger05

First Grade
Fonua is so slow but he is a beast and his effort is unreal. He always takes tough hit-ups and is always chasing. I love his effort.

Fast becoming one of my favourite players.

Nofo is a beast when it comes to returning the ball but Fonua is better. Marsters is also a beast. Thompson is really good too and offers something a little different to the other guys. He is safe and lighter on his feet.

I'd love to get another gun player in our backline. If we got Holmes we would look real good.

Latest posts