What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Rowdy when fit & healthy has been great.

I don’t understand how McQueen can’t get a look in re our top 17.

My thoughts is either:
1. He still isn't 100% coming off the back of his surgery
2. He's on big money and club are trying to push him out
3. He simply isn't good enough

Hopefully it’s coz of 1.

From the few games I have seen of him in ISC, he looks tentative still, like he doesn't have totaly faith in his recovery. Looks to be not playing at 100% and might be lack of confidence in his body. He has been far from woeful but I think he would get eaten alive in the NRL if he's not ready to put his body back on the line.

Vic Mackey

Referee
McQueens been pretty ordinary in nsw cup from what I’ve seen, however he strikes me as the type of guy who would step up when given the chance in first grade. He couldn’t be any worse then what Rochows dished up the last 3 weeks

Vozzy

Juniors
McQueen was a Jason Taylor signing but he is being listed in the 21man squad now so he probably is the next call up if there is an injury. This season feels like a let's give a new guy a turn every 5 games and in 2019 we will know our best team.

Lolahea, Nofolouma, Aloiai, MWZ, fonua, Godinet, Macca, Grant, Sue.

Like all these guys have had stints in ISP and 1st grade like when a guy gets a call up due to injury if he plays well he doesn't seem to go back to ISP even if the original player who had been replaced was playing well. Seems like a squad doing a job for a greater purpose in the following 2 years. Would not be suprised if Gamble gets a shot next time Reynolds or the other half's have an injury.

Tiger05

First Grade
McQueen to me looks average in State cup. He is having a go but I think he was probably a poor signing and he isn't really up to it.

I think he could do the job but I'm not sure he is much if any better than Rochow.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hopefully McQueen can find some of his old form, but coming off the back of such a major surgery I don't know if he can. Not sure how much longer Rochow will be able to go through the week in week out of first grade, but if he isn't up for it I reckon we should go after Ethan Lowe. He can play 80, kicks goals and until recently was in excellent form. I reckon Cleary can get him back to his best

We desperately need a good goal kicker

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm hearing whispers of Valentine Holmes as a done deal for a mid-year transfer.

More than likely it is to play fullback, but f**k it would be awesome if the expectation was for him to play on the wing this season and then get the opportunity to fight it out with Thompson for it over the off season

Clifferd

Coach
More than likely it is to play fullback, but f**k it would be awesome if the expectation was for him to play on the wing this season and then get the opportunity to fight it out with Thompson for it over the off season

Val Holmes outside Fonua would be sexy.

But he would be coming here to play fullback 100%

I’m sure Thompson would be ok with going back to wing, he’s a team man

super_coach

First Grade
I can't see a mid-season signing of someone like Holmes happening.
Can’t see it happening full stop...I say it’s just his management leaking crap to force his value up.

Cowboys will be desperate for him, they have a slower backline than us

Tiger05

First Grade
Can’t see it happening full stop...I say it’s just his management leaking crap to force his value up.

Cowboys will be desperate for him, they have a slower backline than us

It's a massive signing with a massive cost. I keep thinking of the Blair signing as well. Managing the cap is so important if you aren't the rorters.

I reckon he is great but you need to get players at fair dollars.

super_coach

First Grade
He would be very good and solves our goal kicking woes, but I just can’t see it happening. He will stay put or head back North.

Iam still hearing the kid from Newcastle has signed and will be given a shot at fullback next year (Meaney)...and he looks like a young version of Teddy

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Not worth the money IMO. He's one of the best wingers in the game but he's an average fullback & the only way he'd be coming here is on fullback money. That's what the sharks are paying him, if they were getting value for money they wouldn't be willing to let him go.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I was just reading The Mole (yeah I know, I just do) and he was saying we have gone cold on signing the English centre Oliver Gildart. Anyone know for sure if that is still the case, he looks pretty good to me and is red hot keen to come here.

Clifferd

Coach
WE still could use another decent centre. We’ve already lost 2 and it’s not guarenteed Fonua will kick on after 1 game. I hope we are still keen on chasing him

Latest posts