What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 10 vs Bulldogs: Live Game-Day Thread!!

Dibs

Bench
So we are talking about tonight fair enough the refs were bad but they are in every game in the nrl.
The fact is though the refs didn’t stop us from putting the game away tonight when we had all the ball and the refs didn’t make us throw stupid passes to no one when we were on top Tep and Kenny off the top of my head.
Fact of the matter is our stupid play kept the dogs in it which lead to the refs having an influence!
Jennings try given Morris doesnt tackle Jennings another try and the game is put away. We certainly could have been a lot better but the refs kept the dogs in the game because even with our f*ck ups we should have been further ahead and the dogs shouldn’t have been given the chances they were

Dibs

Bench
If any of you silly pricks think he deserves anything if we come last you should be mentally scheduled.
You should probably read my post properly before making silly comments. No wonder you got suspended comprehension levels are low

Wally21

Bench
The problem is the poor decisions combined yo play the major hand in the reason we were in a position for them to decide the game.

If Klein blows the Jennings try (he was clearly onside), we're 18-10 up and receiving a kick off. If he bins Morris for a blatant professional foul, we run in a few tries. The Dogs were at breaking point and a series of decisions cost us the opportunity to break them. That Jennings try would have cracked them, no doubt
I’m not suggesting the merkins didn’t decide the game, they did. I’m simply saying that we played dumb.

Bazal

Post Whore
Jennings try given Morris doesnt tackle Jennings another try and the game is put away. We certainly could have been a lot better but the refs kept the dogs in the game because even with our f*ck ups we should have been further ahead and the dogs shouldn’t have been given the chances they were

Spot on.

We weren't great by any means. We could have made fewer errors and put together a few more intelligent plays, but honestly it was playing out a lot like the Manly game after half time there. We weren't scoring, but the Dogs were tiring and we were whittling away. A series of poor decisions flipped that

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Michael Hagan was way better than BA,not only got us to the finals but managed to win an away finals game in NZ against the Warriors(BA can't even get us to win a regular season game away let alone a finals match away,how many times we lost to the Raiders away from home since he was coach)

LOL BA best since Smith LOL

Djay

Juniors
From what I just heard of his presser its only infuriated me even more, he is starting to sound like a broken record.

And doesn’t sound too angry at all.

Dibs

Bench
Michael Hagan was way better than BA,not only got us to the finals but managed to win an away finals game in NZ against the Warriors(BA can't even get us to win a regular season game away let alone a finals match away,how many times we lost to the Raiders away from home since he was coach)

LOL BA best since Smith LOL
Probably as many times as Hagan did since we haven’t won there in a long time

Bazal

Post Whore
Well I think you are overlooking the turmoil this club was in off the field when he started and how well he did with all that shit going on.

Nah these merkins reckon all that is irrelevant mate. And it certainly has no lasting affects that we are still dealing with. Nope, an imploding club is just another excuse I'm afraid....

Sphagnum

Coach
From what I just heard of his presser its only infuriated me even more, he is starting to sound like a broken record.

Yep. Im sure he is delighted with the way things are going

I think some people need to accept that just because you're attacking the line is no guarantee of points. The Dogs scramble was good, as was ours in the first half (before we lost Alvaro at struggled in the back of the game). Both sides were desperate and they both played as such

We made more line breaks than them. More offloads. They also didn't hold us out. Jennings scored and the VR found an incorrect decision in there somehow.

Blokes are saying "we couldn't score that's not the refs fault!" Well we did score, it was taken off us, and that turned the game on its' head...
Agree we made more offloads and more linebreaks but we also didn’t throw much at them in the second half either in there 20 in which we spent a lot of time we were relying on 5 hit ups then hope on a kick and I agree that possession doesn’t always equal points.
But what excuse do we have for when the dogs finally got the ball back we once again panicked in defense and they were making meters at will

Eelogical

Referee
Great game if I was an outsider looking in. Eels had their chances, dogs took theirs, end of story. Y'all can blame anyone you want. I thought the dogs earned that win, as much as it hurts me to say that.

Bazal

Post Whore

I think we have to accept that he is not the type of guy to make excuses publicly, even when there are genuine reasons to do so.

I do wish he'd blow up after a game like that, but I can respect the way he handles it in the public eye. It's a fine line between blowing up rightfully and Sticky Stuart's textas.

Noise

Coach
Well I think you are overlooking the turmoil this club was in off the field when he started and how well he did with all that shit going on.

How many excuses does this bloke get? The team is going backwards fast. How far backwards do you want us to travel? He has no answers. This is his team. He recruited all of these players. We are f**king shit, despite what Pou and OA tell us

Latest posts