What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeson Ah Mau

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The LAM case is an interesting one. I believe at the end of 2017 they were thinking of letting him go at the end of 2018. A lot of work went into extending Kerr, Leilua, Dufty and McInnes, thats where I believe the Packer and Dugan money went to as well as promoting a few Development players. Thompson money us still there but is held for the 30th player when required.
There is also SOO payments to consider this year as well.
With LAM it is also a family decision. I dont think he will go to the Knights. He is more likely to stay with us as his damily is well settled or go to the Warriors where he has family and played his early football.
I hope he stays as he is now at the peak age and experience for a prop.

MilanDragon

Juniors
I read somewhere that he would like to start. So let him start and if he proves to be the number two in our rotation, keep him there.

We should have signed LAM by now. Why wait and compete with other clubs. Surely we should have learned from the Packer experience..

Who said we are the ones waiting? Could be the player manager that’s waiting.

Also yes I believe the club did learn from the packer experience, don’t pay more than what you feel they’re worth. I believe we are better (both on and off) the field with packer leaving. Instead of paying him the 600 odd he wanted we have been able to have cap space and develop our squad.

I think if the dragons are smart this year they’ll use the money from Thompson to allow for the minimum contract for the 30th position and pay all the SoO payments out of this years cap. Those payments can be delayed a season but no point delaying if we have cap space

Frank Facer

First Grade

Also yes I believe the club did learn from the packer experience, don’t pay more than what you feel they’re worth. I believe we are better (both on and off) the field with packer leaving. Instead of paying him the 600 odd he wanted we have been able to have cap space and develop our squad.

I think if the dragons are smart this year they’ll use the money from Thompson to allow for the minimum contract for the 30th position and pay all the SoO payments out of this years cap. Those payments can be delayed a season but no point delaying if we have cap space
I read/heard that Wests signed Packer for 800K a year. That was definitely overs.

In saying that good props are vital to a team having success. Their price may even rise, with the interchange being reduced to 6.

Bench
If what we read about him Warriors seem to be going after him. I would think we have more to offer. We are looking at building a strong side which could give us a premiership or two
Offer him the starting prop and maybe he will see us as a better option

possm

Coach
Maybe we should be chasing AFB from Manly. He's done his time, he's a local junior, he seems to be going great guns and Manly is in a mess. Surely Millward the great one could bring him home at a very good price.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Maybe we should be chasing AFB from Manly. He's done his time, he's a local junior, he seems to be going great guns and Manly is in a mess. Surely Millward the great one could bring him home at a very good price.
I would be very happy for us to get Fonau Blake back, but Manly has him signed up to the end of 2020, as they do Taupau. He probably isn't on big cash, while Taupau is, so it would be more likely that they would let Taupau go before Blake.

We really shouldn't have let him go in the first place.

chewbacca

Juniors
I would be very happy for us to get Fonau Blake back, but Manly has him signed up to the end of 2020, as they do Taupau. He probably isn't on big cash, while Taupau is, so it would be more likely that they would let Taupau go before Blake.

We really shouldn't have let him go in the first place.
He was only arrested for bashing his girlfriend. Nice.:thinking:

possm

Coach
While there is no real challenge from our young props, we need to go to the market to maintain our forward packs dominance. If we lose Ah Mau, we need to buy at least two good props as we only have 3 good props in our current rotation. Remember, James Graham will be the next prop after Ah Mau to exit the side and so we need to keep on top of this problem and if we don't, we will lose the very advantage that is a major reason for us performing so well to date this season.

FlameThrower

Bench

That sucks - why should SOO selection - which means a player is at the top of his game to earn a rep jumper for his State..be added onto Cap. It’s like being penalised for over achieving? It should not be included.

possm

Coach
That sucks - why should SOO selection - which means a player is at the top of his game to earn a rep jumper for his State..be added onto Cap. It’s like being penalised for over achieving? It should not be included.
I don't believe it should. I mean the player gets paid well for each SOO game he plays and there is no deduction for the NRL game he misses. To me that is enough compensation for the player. On the other hand, I think the NRL should compensate Clubs for the games selected players miss through injury and through the time away playing SOO.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Hearing a few things re Leeson. On JA a reliable poster is saying we have a lot of factors in our favour to keep him at the club (happy wife, the Graham effect, playing his best footy with us). We haven't been able to match top dollar but we're looking okay.

A poster on FB has said that Leeson has verbally agreed to a 3-year deal with the club. No idea how reliable he is or his info, but he's put himself out there.

Fingers crossed!

Latest posts