What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ownership of being wrong thread 2018

mxlegend99

Referee
Jfh was just playing out of position. On the edges he isnt anywhere near as good. We sawthe difference this year in the games where he moved from the edge to the middle.

He's not much of a ball runner and isnt very mobile to br effecgive outwide. But he's a f**king beast with aggression and in the middle he seems to get our pack ontop.

tripster

Juniors
Jfh was just playing out of position. On the edges he isnt anywhere near as good. We sawthe difference this year in the games where he moved from the edge to the middle.

He's not much of a ball runner and isnt very mobile to br effecgive outwide. But he's a f**king beast with aggression and in the middle he seems to get our pack ontop.

Completely agree. He is basically our enforcer in defence, and you can tell he loves having that role. The thing that impresses me in particular is that he also doesn’t get too carried away. I haven’t seen any grubby stuff in him, swinging arms, etc.

I think of some of the really good enforcers of other teams in the past and they often had trouble maintaining appropriate control over their aggression (guys like Michael Crocker, Greg Bird, Luke O’Donnell, etc).

OldPanther

Coach
Completely agree. He is basically our enforcer in defence, and you can tell he loves having that role. The thing that impresses me in particular is that he also doesn’t get too carried away. I haven’t seen any grubby stuff in him, swinging arms, etc.

I think of some of the really good enforcers of other teams in the past and they often had trouble maintaining appropriate control over their aggression (guys like Michael Crocker, Greg Bird, Luke O’Donnell, etc).

Controlled aggression wins game and we have it in spades.

OldPanther

Coach
I wish Dallin had read your post before Friday night's game Old Panther.

Me too. Crazy to think it was 4 tries all with the fullback sent off for 10 and all the injuries against a team full of rep player and mostly GF winners.

Whino

Bench
And still waiting

2341214_0.jpg

franklin2323

Immortal
I did say when mentioning the forward bias that Lui-Toso wouldn't see FG and best to go to a back... I wish I was right

OldPanther

Coach
I'm officially putting mine in:

I am owning up to being wrong about Tamou and Leota. Both have picked their game up this year and are contributing to the team. Credit to the boys.

TheFrog

Coach
Searching through my old threads and came across this dire prediction.

"So can we only play players from this squad?

If so we will be in deep do do if Cleary or Edwards get injured."

So we lose both and we are sitting in the top 4 :)
No-one predicted the way the forwards would step up. And the other thing that wasn't predicted was that Maloney would return to his best as soon as Cleary was absent. This, of course, does present challenges in accommodating two champion halves side by side. It can be done, Queensland have managed it for years.

mxlegend99

Referee
No-one predicted the way the forwards would step up*. And the other thing that wasn't predicted was that Maloney would return to his best as soon as Cleary was absent. This, of course, does present challenges in accommodating two champion halves side by side. It can be done, Queensland have managed it for years.
*aside from Tamou

You should have an asterisk on that statement. :p

soc123_au

Staff member
My turn. I've maintained since the day Ivan was declared to be too tired that Hook would never coach a side to a premiership. I still think he has a lot of shortcomings, but I'm starting to think that he has the most important quality a coach can have. The ability to make his players believe. If he can somehow learn to coach a few set plays and get them switched on for eighty minutes we will be very difficult to beat.

maple_69

Bench
I'm officially putting mine in:

I am owning up to being wrong about Tamou and Leota. Both have picked their game up this year and are contributing to the team. Credit to the boys.

I can really see Leota going the way of Kikau. Is having a solid year, showing signs of being an absolute animal, but has a fair bit of dumb stuff in him still. Hopefully with some time out and being forced to fight his way back into the side he can break out at the end of the year.