What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The Broncos should just include a membership option that includes the 'away' double header fixture to help fill the stadium.

Manly and Melbourne will benefit from the extra food & beverage sales

Raiderdave

First Grade
ANZ today? Weather is average in Sydney
even allowing for it not being sunny & 20C
Sydneysiders & the fans of these 2 sides are kidding if this doesn't crack 20K today
honestly it should be 30K , but with it being mothers day & cloudy & showery... and in Sydney LOL
that probs isn't doable

these 2 clubs have 48K members between them
they're both in form
they're both traditional rivals
theres good cover from the weather for 60K people at ANZ

the excuses need to stop

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not just a Victorian problem.

My workplace (based in Sydney) has people from all over the country. Every single one outside of NSW of QLD has struggled with differentiating between union and league.

If they have no interest in 'rugby', they won't care.

99% of the world doesn’t know the difference between two sports effectively called the same and look very similiar to the unititiated. In fact I’d say most know of “rugby” but not rugby league.

Another terrible looking game at anz, come on and finish allianz and WSS already so we get ditch that sht stadium.

Raiderdave

First Grade
99% of the world doesn’t know the difference between two sports effectively called the same and look very similiar to the unititiated. In fact I’d say most know of “rugby” but not rugby league.

Another terrible looking game at anz, come on and finish allianz and WSS already so we get ditch that sht stadium.

in this day & age with sport rammed down the throat of even the tards in the bumble states via pay tv
you could hardly call them uninitiated
they're just plain dumb & ignorant

azza29

Juniors
in this day & age with sport rammed down the throat of even the tards in the bumble states via pay tv
Media exposure of union is next to nothing in Victoria. Couple of column inches at most next to the surfing and darts. Be great if people were better educated about the sport but this combined with an overwhelmingly unsuccessful local side isn’t going to make anyone bother.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Broncos should just include a membership option that includes the 'away' double header fixture to help fill the stadium.

Manly and Melbourne will benefit from the extra food & beverage sales

And give up on 15-20k paying customers? Why on earth would manly and Melbourne want to do that? They are doing this to make some money after all.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Not really, it’s about exposure. If you do t see something how do you think people will know about it. 80% of people don’t have pay tv and nrl is buried on digital channels outside two states. Most people are not sports fans at end of day.

I’d be surprised if most Australians haven’t heard of the nrl, knowing the difference between say the force or rebels and nrl clubs is another step of exposure needed. Most people have never heard of the kangaroos outside rl states so not surprising with the exposure of the wallabies and all blacks the uninitiated would relate what they are exposed to ie wallabies/all blacks, lions tours, RUWC’s etc and any oval ball team including nrl clubs,

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not really, it’s about exposure. If you do t see something how do you think people will know about it. 80% of people don’t have pay tv and nrl is buried on digital channels outside two states. Most people are not sports fans at end of day.

I’d be surprised if most Australians haven’t heard of the nrl, knowing the difference between say the force or rebels and nrl clubs is another step of exposure needed. Most people have never heard of the kangaroos outside rl states so not surprising with the exposure of the wallabies and all blacks the uninitiated would relate what they are exposed to ie wallabies/all blacks, lions tours, RUWC’s etc and any oval ball team including nrl clubs,
Rubbish
They're just dumb

Chook Norris

First Grade
Rubbish
They're just dumb
Is my immigrant mother who struggles with basic English and has no interest in sport dumb? No. She just doesn't care about sport, let alone any form of rugby. Rugby League faces a natural disadvantage due to its name.

On today's crowd, disappointing. But I recall being disappointed with all mothers day crowds in the past. Even those at Newcastle. Plus, are we really surprised given its ANZ?

Latest posts