What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISP Round 11 V Penrith

1 Tu'imoala LOLOHEA
2 Lucas PRICE
3 Mahe FONUA
4 Leighton TALI
5 Watson HELETA
6 Tyson GAMBLE
7 Pita GODINET
8 Jacob FELISE
9 Matthew MCILWRICK
10 Joshua ALOIAI
11 Sam MCINTYRE
12 (c) Luke GARNER
13 Patrice SIOLO

Reserves
14 J. RATUVAKACEREIVALU
15 Cowen EPERE
16 Braden ROBSON
17 Bayley SIRONEN
21 Thomas MIKAELE

Fonua to the centres in reserves - is that an indication that IC may 'rush' him back into 1st grade?

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd prefer Aloiai and Fonua to be in first grade but they should go well here.

Fonua isn't in the top 21 or whatever players so I assume he isn't playing first grade this weekend.

Vic Mackey

Referee
with players coming back from injury in 1st grade, nsw cup is looking strong again. with 1sts playing thursday would think mcqueen and grant play here on sunday.

Clifferd

Coach
Anyone catch this game?

Interested to know how our 1st graders went, especially Fonua & Aloiai & Lolo

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sadly forgot all about it. Was streamed on nsw website

Reading comments from people who did Aloiai played 1st 40 straight and was good. Grant strong. Lolohea kicked 3/3 including one from the sideline and had a try assist.

Was 18-10 at halftime and Penrith we’re camped on our tryline most of the second half but couldn’t score

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
I like the Aloiai playing 40 mins straight thing. He should have good stats

It’s clear he was dropped to work on fitness imo.

Tiger05

First Grade
I didn't watch it but Aloiai is being played in the middle of the park. I think they should just leave him there rather than swap him to the edge.

A scoreless 2nd half !
3 tries to 2
Watson HELETA (3m)
Watson HELETA (33m)
Jacob FELISE (39m)

3 conversions.
Tu'imoala LOLOHEA (6m)
Tu'imoala LOLOHEA (35m)
Tu'imoala LOLOHEA(40m)

Aloiai played 1st 40 straight
not according to the nswrl Vic.
He & Grant were both replaced after 11 minutes which is not much for 2 starting props.
Aloiai came back on in the 61st minute, so that's a very long time off.
He was then replaced in the 71st minute - that's only 21 minutes of game time.

Felise on the other hand - on 11th minute, off in the 61st and back on in the 71st.

Perhaps Aloiai was a head bin case or suffered a cork, strain or a bad knock or the online interchange stats are simply incorrect, who knows?

Vic Mackey

Referee
A scoreless 2nd half !
3 tries to 2
Watson HELETA (3m)
Watson HELETA (33m)
Jacob FELISE (39m)

3 conversions.
Tu'imoala LOLOHEA (6m)
Tu'imoala LOLOHEA (35m)
Tu'imoala LOLOHEA(40m)

not according to the nswrl Vic.
He & Grant were both replaced after 11 minutes which is not much for 2 starting props.
Aloiai came back on in the 61st minute, so that's a very long time off.
He was then replaced in the 71st minute - that's only 21 minutes of game time.

Felise on the other hand - on 11th minute, off in the 61st and back on in the 71st.

Perhaps Aloiai was a head bin case or suffered a cork, strain or a bad knock or the online interchange stats are simply incorrect, who knows?

Cheers, that’s weird cause the tigers media guy who controls the twitter and was doing updates said that about Aloiai

You'd hope the tigers (Magpies) media guy would get it right so perhaps the NSWRL details are wrong and they got Felise and Aloiai mixed up - but then Felise must have been on in the 39th minute to score a try ;)

Every time I see Heleta play he seems to be a player that makes scoring opportunities possible,yet for some reason he never gets a look in fg,considering our attack is limited it wouldn’t hurt to give him ago .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Vic, the stats have been updated:
https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets...nsw/2018/stats-reports/rd11-westspanthers.pdf

Aloiai - 44 minutes - 28 tackles - 7 runs - 71 metres - 27 Post contact metres
Felise - 36 minutes - 15 tackles - 11 runs - 121 metres - 44 Post contact metre

So those interchange stats I'd say were wrong for both guys.

Cheers

Saw the highlights and Aloiai missed a pretty bad 1on1 tackle for the panthers first try. Guessing that wouldn’t have helped his cause re getting a call up.

Tiger05

First Grade
Vic, the stats have been updated:
https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets...nsw/2018/stats-reports/rd11-westspanthers.pdf

Aloiai - 44 minutes - 28 tackles - 7 runs - 71 metres - 27 Post contact metres
Felise - 36 minutes - 15 tackles - 11 runs - 121 metres - 44 Post contact metre

So those interchange stats I'd say were wrong for both guys.

Cheers

Felise is a quality player isn't he. I watched a bunch of games at the start of the year and he was in my opinion the best prop out there.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Felise is a quality player isn't he. I watched a bunch of games at the start of the year and he was in my opinion the best prop out there.
It’s one of a no. of things I don’t get re Cleary’s selections.If this kid isn’t ahead of Sue Grant & Rochow as a player I’ll turn it up.

Tiger Ted

Bench
.....& another thing that pisses me of big time re Clearys r & r is y the fk he didn’t retain Tatola.This kid is a gun & it was obvious in the Balmain juniors & in our 20’s that he ticked every box & more than deserved a contract.

In one of the early trials JJ looked the best forward on the field,after that I’m not sure why he never got another look in especially when you consider some of Rochow piss poor efforts.

Clifferd

Coach
.....& another thing that pisses me of big time re Clearys r & r is y the fk he didn’t retain Tatola.This kid is a gun & it was obvious in the Balmain juniors & in our 20’s that he ticked every box & more than deserved a contract.

Tatola is killing it at souffs. Will play rep within the next couple years

Latest posts