What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

Fangs

Coach
Looked like his eye was starting to rot. Copped agood one.

Surprisingly kicked well despite looking like he could only see out one eye.

A la Craig Gower in the 2003 final.

Got himself a nice shiner to go with his premiership ring that night.

I wonder if this could be the end for Wallace?

Only a couple of weeks, but if the alternative really impresses it might be hard to go back.

OldPanther

Coach
I wonder if this could be the end for Wallace?

Only a couple of weeks, but if the alternative really impresses it might be hard to go back.

Yeah I posted in the other thread. I don't know if he finishes the year. This is the second injury this year and 4th or 5th in 12 months to make him miss game time. If Katoa/Egan do a good job he will need a tap on the shoulder.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah I posted in the other thread. I don't know if he finishes the year. This is the second injury this year and 4th or 5th in 12 months to make him miss game time. If Katoa/Egan do a good job he will need a tap on the shoulder.

He will see out the season just get less playing time

franklin2323

Immortal
A lot less apparently. He'll be a figurehead at best. The mind is willing but the body is unable by the look of it.

I want to see how we go at full strength before I rule any off the senior guys out. His kicking game and defence is still good Katoa sends most of his kicks dead.

I think they are a great 1 and 2. Probably 50/30 is the mix that is best going forward but get us full strength for a good few weeks. Then we can best work out what our best 17 is

OldPanther

Coach
I want to see how we go at full strength before I rule any off the senior guys out. His kicking game and defence is still good Katoa sends most of his kicks dead.

I think they are a great 1 and 2. Probably 50/30 is the mix that is best going forward but get us full strength for a good few weeks. Then we can best work out what our best 17 is

I don't doubt his skill at all. He's got the skills to get the job done it's his ability to stay fit. If you said Brandy's comments about JT playing a year too long was about Wallace no one would argue.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't doubt his skill at all. He's got the skills to get the job done it's his ability to stay fit. If you said Brandy's comments about JT playing a year too long was about Wallace no one would argue.

a few weeks ago. A few people on here were saying Katoa was still like Masada with stupid options and brain explosions. Those points were all valid so need to find the mix these few weeks starting will help.

Kilkenny

Coach

I think what is often forgotten in all the debate about whether someone played a year to long is the fact your are a long time retired as well as the fact it would be damn hard to sacrafice that $1,000,000-00 (in Thurston's case) a year before your deal ends. For the majority of players the onset of retirement means the days of the big bucks are over and for most that mean's getting a real job to pay the mortgage and bills like the rest of us.

OldPanther

Coach
a few weeks ago. A few people on here were saying Katoa was still like Masada with stupid options and brain explosions. Those points were all valid so need to find the mix these few weeks starting will help.

I don't really think that's accurate. I've found him to be quite solid. He doesn't stand out as error prone or anything, has quicker service and is a better runner than Wallace.

I agree some stability in the starting side should help his game. Egan as well.

OldPanther

Coach
I think what is often forgotten in all the debate about whether someone played a year to long is the fact your are a long time retired as well as the fact it would be damn hard to sacrafice that $1,000,000-00 (in Thurston's case) a year before your deal ends. For the majority of players the onset of retirement means the days of the big bucks are over and for most that mean's getting a real job to pay the mortgage and bills like the rest of us.

Agreed. No one would want to give that up.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't really think that's accurate. I've found him to be quite solid. He doesn't stand out as error prone or anything, has quicker service and is a better runner than Wallace.

I agree some stability in the starting side should help his game. Egan as well.

Check out his suspension record in lower grades. Missed the 2015 NYC GF due to suspension. Played mainly lock in lower grades too a work in progress and deserves to start next year but that extra 6 months will do him wonders

OldPanther

Coach
Check out his suspension record in lower grades. Missed the 2015 NYC GF due to suspension. Played mainly lock in lower grades too a work in progress and deserves to start next year but that extra 6 months will do him wonders

I've only seen Katoa in first grade (with a few exceptions) and that's what my opinion is based on.

Latest posts