What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well that hoodoo only took 28 years to break

I think Davisen Sanchez is fast becoming my fav player, for a 21 y o kid id is pretty amazing

hellteam

First Grade
I have a lot of respect for Dele. Absolutely cops it for having a poor season - which he's not - third in the league and assist and still chipping in with goals.For such a young guy he takes the criticism well, having good leaders in the team helps too I'd say.

Saw this on reddit - ball at it's highest point during Eriksen's goal... bit of dip on it

ass1o8tdncp01.png

hellteam

First Grade
In the last 10 years have we ever won a sudden death game/must win/semi final type thing?

Yes we've won big games but I can't remember a massive do or die game that we've actually got through.

It's becoming really hard to say we're not chokers.

Deacon

First Grade
Ucl confirmed, be nice to see Harry bang in 4 on Sunday to potentially win another golden boot

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, we might be on our high horse getting UCL but fact is we are only there by default because all the teams around us, including ManU above us have been just a bad as we have

if we were true to our form of late last year we really should have finished second again as ManU have given us that opportunity but we just were not good enough

once again, depth seems to be our weakness

hellteam

First Grade
I think you're being a bit harsh there Twizzle..... remember we played the whole season away from home.

Thank god that is over anyway, I would have been stressed all weekend if not.

I read these comments about the season this morning -

Positives
- 3rd/4th in the league with CL in the bag.
- Strong CL campaign (2nd only to Liverpool our of the 5 English teams in this year’s competition).
- FA Cup Semi Finalists.
- Strong individual season performances especially from Eriksen, Son, Vertongen and Kane.
- Victories along the way against United , Liverpool, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Dortmund, Arsenal et al.

Negatives
-Lost the game vs Juventus when dominated and had progression in hands, but then threw it all away right at the end.
-Lost the cup semi vs Man Utd, again having taken the lead.
- Lost the league cup having been 2-0 up and lost 3-2, at home as well.

Definitely has been a season of ups and down but it's one that every Spurs fan would have jumped at before rd 1.

Depth will always be our weakness - our first team is full of world class players and we can't afford first class players to come and sit on the bench 3/4 of the year. It works for City/Utd etc because they can pay 100's+ k a year for bench players. But if a player is getting paid what we can pay, they will want to be playing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh I did see we have been the first team ever to gain UCL qualifications after having played the entire season away from home, could be worse I guess but I expected better

We are going to have a busy TW with player like Toby off to Spain and Moose off to China. Our biggest issue will be hanging onto Poch and Eriksen, supposedly offered around 100mill to go to Barca ( or RM) and some one if after Poch but I dont know who, we pay him 5 mill a year some one has offered to more than double that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Poch sorted, now to upgrade the senior players, who were mostly waiting for Poch to commit

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
2 extensions announced in 2 days, Sanchez extended for another 6 years

Poch must really rate this bloke

cb4

First Grade
Yeh I did see we have been the first team ever to gain UCL qualifications after having played the entire season away from home, could be worse I guess but I expected better

We are going to have a busy TW with player like Toby off to Spain and Moose off to China. Our biggest issue will be hanging onto Poch and Eriksen, supposedly offered around 100mill to go to Barca ( or RM) and some one if after Poch but I dont know who, we pay him 5 mill a year some one has offered to more than double that.

You say that every season haha.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
busy enough, did the job and finished above you guys

this TW we are planning world domination

Jack_Napier

Staff member
busy enough, did the job and finished above you guys

this TW we are planning world domination
:joy::joy::joy: finishing above us isn’t what you should measuring yourself against.

Sure most pool fans are happy to be preparing for a CL final rather just finishing 3rd mate

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
:joy::joy::joy: finishing above us isn’t what you should measuring yourself against.

Sure most pool fans are happy to be preparing for a CL final rather just finishing 3rd mate

yeh, good point, we had a pretty good UCL campaign except for 7 mins against Juve but thats all it takes at that level

if you want a good game plan to beat RM, just study our game

Jack_Napier

Staff member
yeh, good point, we had a pretty good UCL campaign except for 7 mins against Juve but thats all it takes at that level

if you want a good game plan to beat RM, just study our game
YeH I agree, you guys did great outside of the actual result which was frustrating to watch. I really don’t mind spurs at all and poch is doing a fantastic job like Klopp is.

Thankfully we both qualified for CL for next season which will help going forward.