What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Kornstar

Coach
So if we miss the 8 this year and then again next year we punt him? That's 2 wasted seasons. And not much time for a new coach to recruit who he wants for 2020.

Well to be fair, we will know pretty early if it isn't working so we can recruit a coach starting round 8 or 9 (or a tad later) and still be successful in player recruitment.

When was Seibold recruited, out of curiosity?

Don't mistake me for being happy that we are shit. I am just offering some thoughts. We could punt BA (rightly or wrongly) and Max will still have us operating under budget and the next coach will suffer the same problems.

emjaycee

Coach
Hey @Kornstar , I wasn't having a go - just that there has been a lot of posts of late not just in this thread but in others that in their defence of BA are making some cool assumptions.

Unfortunately, I too have a version of the truth that could well be inaccurate however I am hesitant to post it in any detail as if it is accurate, then whooaaa shit!!!!

I was going to "like" your original post, because some of it is really close to the what I understand to be true. Other bits, not so much.

Noise

Coach
Well to be fair, we will know pretty early if it isn't working so we can recruit a coach starting round 8 or 9 (or a tad later) and still be successful in player recruitment.

When was Seibold recruited, out of curiosity?

Don't mistake me for being happy that we are shit. I am just offering some thoughts. We could punt BA (rightly or wrongly) and Max will still have us operating under budget and the next coach will suffer the same problems.

Seibold was officially announced in September but they didn’t actually ‘recruit’ him as he was already their assistant coach and got promoted to head coach.

Kornstar

Coach
Hey @Kornstar , I wasn't having a go - just that there has been a lot of posts of late not just in this thread but in others that in their defence of BA are making some cool assumptions.

Unfortunately, I too have a version of the truth that could well be inaccurate however I am hesitant to post it in any detail as if it is accurate, then whooaaa shit!!!!

I was going to "like" your original post, because some of it is really close to the what I understand to be true. Other bits, not so much.

I don't take it personally, i was just playing.

Ultimately i will still follow the club whether they stick with BA or part ways with him. That's just what you do as a fan and hope some day they can be successful again at some point.

Kornstar

Coach
Seibold was officially announced in September but they didn’t actually ‘recruit’ him as he was already their assistant coach and got promoted to head coach.

Fair call, i was just curious is all. I knew he was their assistant and i guess it did seem like i was trying to make a point.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Anybody know why Luke Burt left? Given Brennan is new to the NRL the opportunity there would appear remote and also The Titans arent exactly an icon for developing quality coaches? Was it that The Eels didnt want him as an Assistant Coach?
Was it simply a money issue?

Avenger

Immortal
Anybody know why Luke Burt left? Given Brennan is new to the NRL the opportunity there would appear remote and also The Titans arent exactly an icon for developing quality coaches? Was it that The Eels didnt want him as an Assistant Coach?
Was it simply a money issue?
Because he is bald and we already have a bald coach on the books.

Bernie Gurr is an excellent CEO.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Max eventually goes back to his day job, which I presume must happen eventually. He's been great for us given our situation at the time but I don't think he's the man moving forward

It also got my hackles up when Max was on the backpage of the telegraph talking about our culture problem. Purely because he is a government appointed administrator of the leagues club. If he thinks the Football club has an issue, why not discuss it with Gurr instead with a reporter from the telegraph FFS.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the existence of Max and his goons has been the biggest issue of all.

They are here to cut costs and cutting costs is what they have done and we are suffering.

BA has had to put up with some absolute shit in this place, first it was the old board and the interference and incompetence which led to our darkest time in history.

Secondly he then has administrators come in and completely f**k his budget to operate a football team with required resources.

Yeah both of these I agree with.

Also remember that the Contracts the old board were dealing with, like Corey Normans were not brokered under Seward or The Pulmber as far as I understand, it might even go back to the previous board before that and Ken Edwards who jumped ship when he figured out the shit show the club was.

That is why when we make changes at a football club, they might offer a quick fix but can cause significant long term issues.

Now, reading the Annual Report, the administrator is marking all grants to the Football club as loans, meaning the football club is in something like $30M of debt, I am sure someone can correct me on that one.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It also got my hackles up when Max was on the backpage of the telegraph talking about our culture problem. Purely because he is a government appointed administrator of the leagues club. If he thinks the Football club has an issue, why not discuss it with Gurr instead with a reporter from the telegraph FFS.
I don't think Max cares about culture tbh. He is more concerned about $.

My take on the article was that Max was ambushed with a bunch of questions and didn't quite respond as clearly and emphatically as he perhaps should of. I think in part the half baked response was because he hadn't been thinking about it.

From there the DT smelt blood, saw a potential angle and the rest is history.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Max only cares about saving bucks, we could win 3 spoons in a row and he wouldn’t give a rats.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I liked this cos I am a bogan wanker with no class.
I take that back. I do have a semblance of class, even if it is undetectable to most.

I'm with you, mate.

I'm too fat (and often feeling very down) to wear classy clothes; I have several nice shirts in my wardrobe, but given my size, I feel ridiculously self-conscious wearing them out (I feel like I'm wearing a tent).

My footy jerseys are not in any way classy, but at least I feel comfortable in them.

I'd love to wear nice clothes more often, but sadly, I'm yet to find a manufacturer who can make clothes for the larger gentleman that actually fit nicely.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Don’t worry Eele unless you are a snake hipped merkin weighing 70kgs wringing wet clothes aren’t made for you or anyone who likes to eat real food.

Latest posts