What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holmes

if you break the line at the 5m line & run through & score a try, how is it different from if you break the line at the 95m line & score? Alternatively, if you break the line at the 5m line & run 90m & get caught & dont score, is that a good thng or a bad thing?
Im with the Walker brothers on this, Stupid stat, like Completion rates.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Whilst he played well yesterday after gifting them a try, I’ll still maintain he is a far better winger.

He represented Australia and QLD and has dominated there, on the wing!!!

But if he is so mentally fragile that he wants to leave to play fullback despite being paid fullback money to play wing, then good luck to him

Surely

Post Whore
if you break the line at the 5m line & run through & score a try, how is it different from if you break the line at the 95m line & score? Alternatively, if you break the line at the 5m line & run 90m & get caught & dont score, is that a good thng or a bad thing?
Im with the Walker brothers on this, Stupid stat, like Completion rates.

It's more about returning the ball so the forwards don't have to work as hard.

So all those metres Fifita and gallen make mean jack shit unless there is a try on the end.

Good to know.

A couple of milestones unearthed by my partner on Sharkcast from Vals game against canberra.

His 320 odd metres was the most metres run in a match by any shark since they started keeping records for these such things, by quite a margin too.

He reached 50 tries and was only one game behind Matt Rogers for the fastest Shark to do that.

He was also robbed of a couple of try assists by players bombing the finish.

The stupid "metres ran by a fullback stat" must be quite young. I remember peach got at least 2 lengthys in a semi once, with one of them being a try. Then you have to add on to that his sideways metres.
The whippet got 2 length of the field trys once & I can only imagine what Rat & Etts did in their careers.
Its just a stupid stat that should only be used for identifying a bludger e.g.. Fullback runs for 50m. IMO A fullback should run for approx 100 m every game just in base runs off the ruck. If he is in a good team, he will break for about another 100. Anything from his own quarter will add 80-90m each run.
The MOST important running stat by far, is metres after contact.

Surely

Post Whore
The stupid "metres ran by a fullback stat" must be quite young. I remember peach got at least 2 lengthys in a semi once, with one of them being a try. Then you have to add on to that his sideways metres.
The whippet got 2 length of the field trys once & I can only imagine what Rat & Etts did in their careers.
Its just a stupid stat that should only be used for identifying a bludger e.g.. Fullback runs for 50m. IMO A fullback should run for approx 100 m every game just in base runs off the ruck. If he is in a good team, he will break for about another 100. Anything from his own quarter will add 80-90m each run.
The MOST important running stat by far, is metres after contact.

Unless you avoid contact go straight through, which is an asset if you are a back.

bluefox68

Staff member
Article talking about Paul Green wanting Holmes at the Cowboys next year...
I have a feeling we’ll see more rumours like this, as time goes on.

I personally don’t want to lose him.

Craigshark

First Grade
Article talking about Paul Green wanting Holmes at the Cowboys next year...
I have a feeling we’ll see more rumours like this, as time goes on.

I personally don’t want to lose him.

Just saw it, poorly written, no quotes, stating the obvious and probably clutching. However wouldn’t surprise me if it happens.

Interesting article on nrl.com

Val’s great game last week is being credited to The CHAD.

Apparently he set him a challenge in meeting certain stats and now the rest is history.

Maybe the penny has now dropped for him that if he wants the FB position to be his then he has to up his involvement to that level every game.

Well done Chad!

Latest posts