What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Canberra

Drag Queen

Bench
I think Sele will definitely come in if JDB is out. I think the selection of Lawrie on the bench this week is again about giving game time to youth (he hasn’t seen much of FG this year).

On a side note the Raidrers ext bench includes 3 x-Dragons, Williams, Garvey, Lui. Siliva is in the starting line up and will be keen to play well.
Bloody surprised they have 2 backs on the bench tbh. A half and a hooker. Sticky must be comfortable with his forwards or there are problems in their halves. Not our problem though.

Brutalitops

Juniors
We were always gonna lose against the Souths, we played in an alternate jersey at ANZ!

Comfortable with a victory against Raiders though.

What should worry us all is that we play the Bulldogs on a Monday at ANZ in the coming months. That's just got negative hoodoos written all over it for us

Dragons 09

Juniors
We were always gonna lose against the Souths, we played in an alternate jersey at ANZ!

Comfortable with a victory against Raiders though.

What should worry us all is that we play the Bulldogs on a Monday at ANZ in the coming months. That's just got negative hoodoos written all over it for us

They've got Sharon Woods and we have the Vaughan Supremacy, we'll lap them!:D

BennyV

Referee
Bloody surprised they have 2 backs on the bench tbh. A half and a hooker. Sticky must be comfortable with his forwards or there are problems in their halves. Not our problem though.
There is an injury cloud over Blake Austin. If he is out, Williams goes to starters. If not, Williams will likely drop off the bench.

kit66

Bench
Canberra have a big pack but they're not particularly mobile or skillful. The team as a whole give away more penalties than any other team and their error rate is among the highest in the league, so not a lot of discipline. Their 4 wins were against the current bottom four teams. They were competitive in their losses to the Warriors and Newcastle narrowly losing both games but were flogged by the Bunnies.

I believe we've broken the hoodoo against this mob and can't see any reason we should lose this game if we play as well as we have been so far this year. We've been poor the last two weeks but I think we'll bounce back in a big way on a sunny Autumn arvo in Mudgee. We need a confidence boost before our round 12 clash with the Panthers. Go Saints !

Saints 16+

Canberra have a big pack but they're not particularly mobile or skillful. The team as a whole give away more penalties than any other team and their error rate is among the highest in the league, so not a lot of discipline. Their 4 wins were against the current bottom four teams. They were competitive in their losses to the Warriors and Newcastle narrowly losing both games but were flogged by the Bunnies.

I believe we've broken the hoodoo against this mob and can't see any reason we should lose this game if we play as well as we have been so far this year. We've been poor the last two weeks but I think we'll bounce back in a big way on a sunny Autumn arvo in Mudgee. We need a confidence boost before our round 12 clash with the Panthers. Go Saints !

Saints 16+
Should win but Canberra are on the up.
Their defence has improved out of sight and they will adopt the same tactics against us as did the Warriors and Souths.
If they can execute that game plan we could find ourselves in a very close tussle.
Rapana, Leilua and Lee are the worry if the get room to move.
I reckon that if we can crack them early on then we will go on and win.
If we are pressing their line and not scoring, we will lose again.

BennyV

Referee
Should win but Canberra are on the up.
Their defence has improved out of sight and they will adopt the same tactics against us as did the Warriors and Souths.
If they can execute that game plan we could find ourselves in a very close tussle.
Rapana, Leilua and Lee are the worry if the get room to move.
I reckon that if we can crack them early on then we will go on and win.
If we are pressing their line and not scoring, we will lose again.
Lee? Wrong team, or wrong year!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
From NRL.com's match preview.

"Key match-up: The Dragons have been so impressive this season that almost every player is apparently in line for Origin selection, and that includes Euan Aitken. The reality is that he is probably still a year away from the Origin arena, but there are plenty of pundits who reckon the 22-year-old is ready. Aitken loves being assigned defensive challenges by coach Paul McGregor and he has one on his hands on Sunday against Joey Leilua. NSW coach Brad Fittler will be watching to see how Aitken handles the robust Leilua, who is 12kg heavier than the Dragons centre."

They do know that Leilua is a right centre and will be marking up against Lafai right?
Aitken is up against Croker.