What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel Now

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
As far as I know it would actually be illegal for Foxtel to restrict the service to Telstra customers only as that would be classed as third line forcing. However I think Telstra might offer it unmetered (which isn’t really relevant for fixed line broadband as pretty much everyone is on unlimited data anyway, but can be pretty handy on mobile/wireless plans).

Pommy

Coach
It wouldn’t make much sense for Fox to try and restrict it to one network anyway. This is essentially them trying to give a legal alternative to downloads and save their business in the process.
They would still prefer you paid a fortune to be locked in to a big package but came to the realisation that people were just refusing to do that anymore.

hellteam

First Grade
Foxtel now is a pretty poor product in my opinion. from my experience anyway. Constant stutter (mainly during live sport). Played around with all the display settings, does nothing. I have fast NBN too. Seems like a problem with the Foxtel now box.

Never have any problems like that on the Optus Fetch Box.

Munted

Bench
Works great for me via Telstra tv 2 box.
Also worked well on the original Telstra TV box.
Have had both iinet and Telstra ,and nbn, adsl and cable and no major issues.
The odd glitch and restart of app but that's expected.

Pommy

Coach
Foxtel now is a pretty poor product in my opinion. from my experience anyway. Constant stutter (mainly during live sport). Played around with all the display settings, does nothing. I have fast NBN too. Seems like a problem with the Foxtel now box.

Never have any problems like that on the Optus Fetch Box.

I have had to resort to streaming it via my phone and mirroring that to my Apple TV. The app that’s built in to my Samsung TV is just awful.
Works fine the new way though although I don’t have sport so not sure on that front.

Munted

Bench
I have had to resort to streaming it via my phone and mirroring that to my Apple TV. The app that’s built in to my Samsung TV is just awful.
Works fine the new way though although I don’t have sport so not sure on that front.
Pony up for a chromecast or a Telstra TV (roku) box.
HD - ish and a decent user experience.

mongoose

Coach
It's a streaming service so the sport looks kinda shit because of the lower frame rate. It's watchable but normal HD TV looks much smoother.

This is the issue with NRL/AFL etc moving away from foxtel and going to a streaming service. You're going to need a lot of bandwidth to run it in HD and get a high frame rate.

hellteam

First Grade
The thing is I have fast internet, my internet can run at up to 80 MB/s and its still choppy. I'm sure it's a problem with the Foxtel Now box - could just be the one I have.

Ive been watching it on ps4, it's better but not as HD. At least it's smoother though.