What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's a long increasingly hard season. ...as Mr. Ivan has pointed out the whole squad will be used...not just to cover for the injuries but tactically as well...he's willing to select for the opposition at hand. Keeps our guys on their toes on and off the field and keeps us a moving target for opposition coaches. I like that idea
Totally disagree with IC on this one.Our backline is quite substandard especially from an attacking aspect so I can’t accept dropping Fonua when he’s light yrs ahead of the majority of our 3/4’s in terms of his attacking prowess.A fine should’ve been adequate punishment.

Additionally I don’t understand how Aloiai can b behind Rochow & Sue in the pecking order.

Clifferd

Coach
I think they said it was ultimately the leadership groups decision to drop him, he was over an hour late so that’s pretty poor.

However I agree with ted, I reckon a $5,000 fine would hit him harder than a drop to isp

Tiger05

First Grade
He was just late right? It sounds like he didn’t completely not show up or was found asleep in the car park....

I don't think he sounds anything like Suli but who knows. He always talks well and seems to have accepted playing reserve grade really well. He just goes out there and tries his best.

innsaneink

Referee
Totally disagree with IC on this one.Our backline is quite substandard especially from an attacking aspect so I can’t accept dropping Fonua when he’s light yrs ahead of the majority of our 3/4’s in terms of his attacking prowess.A fine should’ve been adequate punishment.

Additionally I don’t understand how Aloiai can b behind Rochow & Sue in the pecking order.
Its called accountability.
Us fans have been calling for it for years...this is what it looks like regardless if youre the best player in the team or not.
This is a long term decision, a fine is nothing to players on good coin, this penalises his team mates, us fans...he will know through this penalty hes let a lot of people down where a fine & direct debit does f**k all

magpie_man

Juniors
I was hoping to get to this game with my Tigers-mad father-in-law who lives in Penrith - if it was any other time besides Thursday night we could go but between his dementia, it being a late week night and my work it's not going to happen.
I hate this scheduling.

Clifferd

Coach
I was hoping to get to this game with my Tigers-mad father-in-law who lives in Penrith - if it was any other time besides Thursday night we could go but between his dementia, it being a late week night and my work it's not going to happen.
I hate this scheduling.

Yeah same here, Thursday night sucks. This is easily match of the round too

Das Hassler

Bench
Apart from the scheduling this game is a promotors dream...
-Big Cleary / Little Cleary' s return
-SOO possible Brooks /Marshall v SOO possible Cleary / Maloney
- Packer / Matalino v RCG / JFH
- Zalez brother v brother
- Also throw in " burnt out" IC v penrirh sacking!
Who needs SOO ?!

Clifferd

Coach
I’m hearing Naiquama out replaced by Chee Kam with Queen coming onto the bench to make his club debut

Totally disagree with IC on this one.Our backline is quite substandard especially from an attacking aspect so I can’t accept dropping Fonua when he’s light yrs ahead of the majority of our 3/4’s in terms of his attacking prowess
Is he though Ted?

Perhaps he was simply allowed to ad-lib last week? Perhaps the other guys who have played across the backline have played to instructions and been more structured, with the exception of Thomson, but you want a fullback backing up and bobbing up as he has. Just saying

Tiger Ted

Bench
Is he though Ted?

Perhaps he was simply allowed to ad-lib last week? Perhaps the other guys who have played across the backline have played to instructions and been more structured, with the exception of Thomson, but you want a fullback backing up and bobbing up as he has. Just saying
No doubt that one swallow doesn’t make a summer & in due course we will find out how good he really is.Nevertheless it’s quite clear that he is light yrs ahead of Mwz naquama & Nofa as an attacking weapon.These 3 r not nrl standard & would struggle to b selected in any other nrl team.We r glaringly weak in the 3/4’s hence it’s y the club is primarily looking to recruit some decent outside backs.

Clifferd

Coach
Gee it’s a scary thought with Kikau smashing our edges. I predict Brooks will be getting a ton of traffic tonight

Well that could have been anything!!
Held them out in the 2nd half (as per the score) but I think they need some changes.
Nofa, well Maloney had his measure didn’t he.
Perhaps Fonau to that wing.
They need another big boy so it’s time for Aloiai.
Does Lawrence offer that much?
Does Benji need a rest?
Surely Liddle can start.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We are slowly morphing into a reserve grade side. There is a reason a lot of these players haven't played much FG

Tiger Ted

Bench
We looked like we just turned up for tackling practice. We have no attack
Yep it’s certainly disconcerting that we couldn’t get into any attacking rhythm.We dropped the ball whenever we got into a half decent attacking position & as per usual we got caned re penalties in 2nd half.

The major positive is we only conceded 2 tries 1 to a kick & the other a long cutout pass to take adv of our winger not marking his opposite.

We must beat the dogs next wk if we have any desire to play finals.