What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Internationals

adamkungl

Immortal
A thread to keep track of the lower tier internationals to be played in 2018.
By my count there were ~72 Rugby League mens senior tests last year including the World Cup. Will 2018 surpass this?

I was gonna pin a spreadsheet but it turns out someone has already done a more thorough job than I can be bothered doing, keep an eye on this Wikipedia page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_rugby_league_in_2018

adamkungl

Immortal
Ireland have published their fixture list.. of particular note is their October 27 and November 3 games on the same days as England v NZ games.

This sport...

hutch

First Grade
Are super league having the week off when England play nz? If so, surely the other countries can play test matches?
France v Wales, Ireland v Scotland, Italy, Malta, Czech Republic, Serbia etc.

It really isn’t that hard!

Pommy

Coach
Are super league having the week off when England play nz? If so, surely the other countries can play test matches?
France v Wales, Ireland v Scotland, Italy, Malta, Czech Republic, Serbia etc.

It really isn’t that hard!

Yes they are but it’s all a bit late now. All the other nations seemed to wait around waiting for someone to organise games for them

hutch

First Grade
Yes they are but it’s all a bit late now. All the other nations seemed to wait around waiting for someone to organise games for them

It’s really sad, why do things move so slowly in this sport?

Pommy

Coach
It’s really sad, why do things move so slowly in this sport?

It’s a real shame as this was the time to set a precidnt. The NRL pretty much got told to go f**k themselves with the Denver test and it would have made a real statement had all the heritage players from other nations been jetting off to play as well.

adamkungl

Immortal
You don’t think other organisations play friendlies on the same days?

Other organisations have more than a handful of nations playing.
You don't think it would be ideal to schedule the Euro Cup games on different days to the England tests? They're already likely to struggle for attention

Pommy

Coach
Other organisations have more than a handful of nations playing.
You don't think it would be ideal to schedule the Euro Cup games on different days to the England tests? They're already likely to struggle for attention

I think it’s best that local organisers schedule them for the days they think is best for them.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think it’s best that local organisers schedule them for the days they think is best for them.

To an extent. The other side of this coin is it absolves the RLWC17 organisers of their disastrous scheduling choices.
I don't think previous Euro Cups, WC Qualifiers or anything the Irish have done give them this kind of criticism-free capital.

Happy to take this view for the Denver test, the organiser is putting up significant cash in a new market and doesn't have a string of dud runs on the board yet.

Hopefully they aren't on at the exact same time and can be both watched on TV, anyway.

On a side note, there's a good chance i'll be able to go to Norway's hosted qualifier vs Germany, I'll be in Norway at the time and it isn't far out of the way

Burns

First Grade
Brad Walter has another piece in about the possible Tonga v Australia test at the end of the year. Says that Brisbane would be firming as venue due to financial reasons, but no proposal has been sent to the RLIF to sanction test. The RLIF meet next week.

kdalymc

Bench
are australia really only playing 1 test in 2018? wtf man..
no wonder union is taking a great big dump on us.uselss pricks like berrick barnes get to play 100 tests for their country and league players would struggle to get 20 at this rate

adamkungl

Immortal
We're hitting peak period for internationals!

England v NZ
Pacific tests
Qualifiers
and standalones

all coming up

siv

First Grade
So this weekend a international rep weekend

Other than the Pacific and Denver Tests are any other internationals being played ?