What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Klemmer?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Canterbury have to offload some players to be cap compliant next year. There is an article on Foxsports with Hindmarsh saying that Parra should go hard for Klemmer, I agree with Hindy. I think we should enter the race for Klemmer. It sounds like we are going to have to replace Ah Mau, Klemmer would be an upgrade. I know there would be a lot of competition for his signature, but I think we should be one of his suitors. Newcastle are another club who should be pursuing him too. Canterbury probably don't want to lose him, but they don't have many players who would be in high demand besides Klemmer or Mbye. I wonder where Mbye will end up?

Canterbury have to offload some players to be cap compliant next year. There is an article on Foxsports with Hindmarsh saying that Parra should go hard for Klemmer, I agree with Hindy. I think we should enter the race for Klemmer. It sounds like we are going to have to replace Ah Mau, Klemmer would be an upgrade. I know there would be a lot of competition for his signature, but I think we should be one of his suitors. Newcastle are another club who should be pursuing him too. Canterbury probably don't want to lose him, but they don't have many players who would be in high demand besides Klemmer or Mbye. I wonder where Mbye will end up?
and the club has sir James as a recruiting tool too

Frank Facer

First Grade
My order of preference would be

1 Pangai, as I think he has a better all round game and will be able to play big minutes, he is also quite young, but ready.

3 Taupau. I think he will be more suited to the 6 interchange rule than Klemmer. He has a good offload and is a powerful runner.

3 Klemmer, he is a beast. He is still only 24. He weighs around 120 kgs and props his size may become fewer with the reduced interchange.

4 Haas. He could turn out to be the best of the lot, but he is yet to prove himself. He already weighs 120 kgs and is only 18 years old, so he may get even heavier. He does look like he has a good motor and is very mobile for his size.

If we could get any one of those 4, I would be very happy with Millward.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Good player, but his price tag will be too high! Many of our forwards will face increase in salary once they reach Representative Origin level this series. It will be a juggle for Millward to balance the cap. So far he seems to be doing a decent job mixing experience with youth. We just need the coach to give the young talent more than 5 minutes game time.

Gareth67

First Grade
They will not let him go anywhere why would they , there are other players that will be shown the door before Mr. Klemmer . Besides that would mean that they would have 'goodielocks ' Woods as the only remaining prop and who has lost even more of his ability since having his hair cut . It must be absolutely ' orrlble being a doggie fan at the moment !

Old Timer

Coach
They will not let him go anywhere why would they , there are other players that will be shown the door before Mr. Klemmer . Besides that would mean that they would have 'goodielocks ' Woods as the only remaining prop and who has lost even more of his ability since having his hair cut . It must be absolutely ' orrlble being a doggie fan at the moment !
Woof Woof

A State of Origin player to replace a bench frontrower? That's not how we use our cap. And don't forget we're dead last in TPA payments. Whatever Ah Mau is getting now is already more than his replacement's going to get and it doesn't look like it's going to be enough to keep him. We can want who we want but we'll be buying a bloke who's on the fringe of someone else's first grade squad or a nailed on reserve grader and just hoping that Sele or Lawrie can be as good as Ah Mau next year.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Why not just increase the offer to LAM?
I get the talk he wants to start but that might happen with Graham shifting to a bench role down the track.
My 2 cents.
Ah Mau is from NZ. He started he career at the Warriors. He has just had a child and his parents and wife's parents both live in NZ, so the paper talk is the he would like to return home to NZ.

Saintsified

Bench
My order of preference would be

1 Pangai, as I think he has a better all round game and will be able to play big minutes, he is also quite young, but ready.

3 Taupau. I think he will be more suited to the 6 interchange rule than Klemmer. He has a good offload and is a powerful runner.

3 Klemmer, he is a beast. He is still only 24. He weighs around 120 kgs and props his size may become fewer with the reduced interchange.

4 Haas. He could turn out to be the best of the lot, but he is yet to prove himself. He already weighs 120 kgs and is only 18 years old, so he may get even heavier. He does look like he has a good motor and is very mobile for his size.

If we could get any one of those 4, I would be very happy with Millward.
Well if the get rid of Flo, anyone of them could play wing. :sunglasses:

Life's Good

Coach
Ah Mau is from NZ. He started he career at the Warriors. He has just had a child and his parents and wife's parents both live in NZ, so the paper talk is the he would like to return home to NZ.
Fair enough. I wasn't aware of the desire to return to NZ but it makes sense I in that respect.

possm

Coach
So it looks like Ah Mau is off to the Warriors. I would not be looking for a bench player to replace hm. For me it is a prop rotation of:
Vaughan
New top grade prop - maybe Klemmer
Graham
Haas

Gone are:
Ah Mau
Latimore
Allgood

MilanDragon

Juniors
So it looks like Ah Mau is off to the Warriors. I would not be looking for a bench player to replace hm. For me it is a prop rotation of:
Vaughan
Graham
Haas

Gone are:
Ah Mau
Latimore
Allgood

Possm do you still want us to sign Hasler? Look at the Dogs’ salary cap issues as a result of him. Dodged a bullet there!

If we can get Klemmer with the Dogs paying a chunk of his salary it’d be great! Apparently they are paying the majority of Graham’s too.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Vaughan
Graham
Haas

Gone are:
Ah Mau
Latimore
Allgood
Klemmer / Haas hope so but unlikely , who else would you try to get if ??

possm

Coach
Possm do you still want us to sign Hasler? Look at the Dogs’ salary cap issues as a result of him. Dodged a bullet there!

If we can get Klemmer with the Dogs paying a chunk of his salary it’d be great! Apparently they are paying the majority of Graham’s too.

As with most clubs, the recruitment officer finds the players, the coach selects the one he wants and the CEO signs off on the deal taking into consideration the salary cap and the budget. The Dogs CEO stuffed up big time.

Every day of the week Hasler is a far better coach than Mary given that Mary has such stars backing him up like Millward, Coyne and Doust.