What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Titans v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
Ross (7 games): 2 tries, 1 try assist, 3 line breaks, 15 tackle breaks, 91m per game
Moga (3 games): 2 tries, 0 try assist, 3 line breaks, 3 tackle breaks, 96m per game
Sione (11 games): 3 tries, 2 try assists,3 line breaks, 21 tackle breaks, 80m per game

And sione unquestionably worse in defence

macavity

Referee
Ross (7 games): 2 tries, 1 try assist, 3 line breaks, 15 tackle breaks, 91m per game
Moga (3 games): 2 tries, 0 try assist, 3 line breaks, 3 tackle breaks, 96m per game
Sione (11 games): 3 tries, 2 try assists,3 line breaks, 21 tackle breaks, 80m per game

We have the worst centre pairing in the game, and it ain't even close.

Old dog

Juniors

Do you have tackles made and missed, would be interesting

I would if we had the depth. I’m not even sure Denniss is first grade standard. I don’t think Tom Hughes has a top 30 contract so not sure if they can pick him and the same question applies. We could put Guerra in the centres but we lack forward depth aswell.

For mine Sione offers more with the ball atm. They have both been terrible in defence

So basically, we're f**ked.

Yosh

Coach
I really can't think of a worse centre pairing than current one in the clubs history... I'd take a 42 year old Steve Simpson at left centre at the moment.

I really hope Moga has had his last big injury and goes onto be a decent player. If we had Moga and Ramien this year, I'd say we would have won at least two more games this year regardless of our crappy forwards.

Old dog

Juniors
The problem with Sione’s missed tackles, 80% of the time he catches thin air so it doesn’t count towards his miss tackles count.
So no tackle stats, why, are we being selectively smart, giving only what supports your agenda, am happy to know that all stats point in same direction, are you

Old dog

Juniors
I really can't think of a worse centre pairing than current one in the clubs history... I'd take a 42 year old Steve Simpson at left centre at the moment.

I really hope Moga has had his last big injury and goes onto be a decent player. If we had Moga and Ramien this year, I'd say we would have won at least two more games this year regardless of our crappy forwards.
Crappy forwards are what cause backs, 1-7, to look worse than they are, same as very good 8-13 plus bench make 1-7 look better, then whole team look good.

Woosh

Head Moderator
So no tackle stats, why, are we being selectively smart, giving only what supports your agenda, am happy to know that all stats point in same direction, are you

Sione has missed 30 tackles this year the most in our team.
Add another 15 missed tackles everytime he catches thin air.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Sione has about the same ( almost identical )average run mtrs per games as Roberts ( broncos ) and Mitchell ( roosters ) and a better tackle efficiency than both.

He's scored 2 less tries this year then they have but way down on tackle breaks etc. First year back in the centres. After a stint everywhere on the paddock and now back in the centres on a different side of the field than he's used to playing on.

Seriously anyone saying the kid is a shite footy player knows zero about footy. thats not an opinion thats fact! backed up by some of the best minds the game has produced.

Burwood

Bench
What bugs me is that next year he’ll be out of the centres again, getting his body right for the demands of a different position and starting from scratch with his defense, combos etc. Can anyone see him forcing his way into the starting backrow?

It’s through no fault of his own, but getting moved from position to position has set him back years in his development. He’d be a top tier player by now if he was put into one position and left there.

Old dog

Juniors
??
Sione has missed the most tackles in our side.
That is a fact.
Are people still trying to argue he’s good defender??? Rofl
Just like slots, give me the full facts like tackles made and missed along with other relevant facts not your selective picks to suit your arguements if can't supply do us a favour and shut up. If he is as bad as you say then all the facts should prove it.
I believe last season Gagai missed most but made SOO and man of the match/series

Spot On

Coach
Stats tell part of a story Old Dog.

Surely you know that Sione has huge defensive issues just like Gagai.

There is a reason Dane has only played wing at rep level. He has the exact same defensive deficiencies as Sione at centre.

Their missed tackle count only tells part of the story. There are numerous times they both grab air and don't get a finger on their man but those misreads/feeble attempts do not go down on the stats sheet.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Stats tell part of a story Old Dog.

Surely you know that Sione has huge defensive issues just like Gagai.

There is a reason Dane has only played wing at rep level. He has the exact same defensive deficiencies as Sione at centre.

Their missed tackle count only tells part of the story. There are numerous times they both grab air and don't get a finger on their man but those misreads/feeble attempts do not go down on the stats sheet.
At least Sione can hit and stick. Gagai is an arm grabber at best..

Latest posts