What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt is No7 for Queensland

DUB888

Juniors
Wally Lewis broke it,
I think he will get the nod Dub, but it cant be official .
Wally Lewis announced it , He said it came from the QRL.
Slater , Holmes , Ingliss , Chambers , Gagai , Munster , Hunt , Scott , Mcullough.....memory lost for the rest but Morgan was 14. Anyone else from Qld see it.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Killer backline. Hope hunt gets the halfback spot and Coen Hess starts. Need one big terror but Qld are down a bit on those blokes this year. Quueeeenslander

Dragon for life

Juniors
Wally Lewis broke it,

Wally Lewis announced it , He said it came from the QRL.
Slater , Holmes , Ingliss , Chambers , Gagai , Munster , Hunt , Scott , Mcullough.....memory lost for the rest but Morgan was 14. Anyone else from Qld see it.
Sorry mate, I try to avoid the one eyed, redneck, news up here. F**king nothing but Broncos/Queensland and if they are winning he Cowboys. Don’t have to worry about Titans because they are hopeless.

All up in arms about the Napa tackle at the moment. I didn't realise when you go in for a low tackle that your head must be detached from your torso...lol

blacksafake

First Grade
I sort of hope that Hunt misses out because I think we(nsw) are good things. If this does happen they’ll be looking for a scapegoat & Hunt will be in the firing line especially playing behind a weakened pack which could have an affect on his form. A win win would be for nsw to win & Hunt to be one of their best.
Just my thoughts.

BennyV

Referee
I sort of hope that Hunt misses out because I think we(nsw) are good things. If this does happen they’ll be looking for a scapegoat & Hunt will be in the firing line especially playing behind a weakened pack which could have an affect on his form. A win win would be for nsw to win & Hunt to be one of their best.
Just my thoughts.
The QLD pack isnt that bad. Personally I'd have Arrow in there and I'm questioning the bench (unless McGuire rotates to prop?) but considering the potential blues forward pack (i.e. Sharon Woods, Josh Plodson and so on) they could easily get on top of us.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
Gavin Cooper is over the hill. Let Arrow have a shot.
I'd have DCE at 7 and Hunt at 9. Macca doesn't offer much. Yes he can tackle but so can most hookers in the competition.

ouryears

Bench
Gavin Cooper is over the hill. Let Arrow have a shot.
I'd have DCE at 7 and Hunt at 9. Macca doesn't offer much. Yes he can tackle but so can most hookers in the competition.
I can't see DCE performing at SOO level. And I don't want Hunt as the hooker. I think he deserves the number 7 job.

The calm one

Juniors
Hooker is a tuff job, especially if you don't play in that position week in week out. 7 is Hunt's position and so eithr select him at halfback or not at all.
NOTE. We dont want Hunt selected at hooker. This could be disastrous for two reasons. Injury wise and confidence wise. You don’t put in a make shift hooker in the hardest engine room in the world. NO.

Old Timer

Coach
NOTE. We dont want Hunt selected at hooker. This could be disastrous for two reasons. Injury wise and confidence wise. You don’t put in a make shift hooker in the hardest engine room in the world. NO.
Isn't that what happened with Johns?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Isn't that what happened with Johns?
Yeah, they selected one of if not the best halfback in history out of position, to fit Toovey in. I suspect that Bozo the clown had a lot to do with that selection blunder. New South have been making selection blunders like that the last 38 years. Sterling and Kenny hardly played any origin games together as half and 5/8. John Cartwright was picked to play prop. Timmins played 5/8 and we even won.

Did we win any series with Johns at hooker?

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah, they selected one of if not the best halfback in history out of position, to fit Toovey in. I suspect that Bozo the clown had a lot to do with that selection blunder. New South have been making selection blunders like that the last 38 years. Sterling and Kenny hardly played any origin games together as half and 5/8. John Cartwright was picked to play prop. Timmins played 5/8 and we even won.

Did we win any series with Johns at hooker?
I must admit SOO is a bit of snore fest for me so not really sure.
I loved the concept originally but now days I think club football is merely the catalyst for the SOO fixtures.
Once upon a time it was all meaningful City V Country, NSW V Qld then pick the test side to play who ever was coming or select the Kangaroos for their upcoming tour.
None of that happens today and with the contentious nature of who is eligible for what state TBH I really don't give a shit.
Good luck to the players who get to play rep footy but even those selections are highly dubious, so some of that is tarnished as well.