What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Sharks @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Knights v Sharks

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 12
Newcastle Knights v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 27 May 2018

Gates 11:30am / ISP 11:45am / NRL 2pm

TL-NEW18.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Ken Sio 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Nathan Ross 5. Shaun Kenny-dowall 6. Connor Watson 7. Jack Cogger 8. Herman Ese'ese 9. Slade Griffin 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Aidan Guerra
Interchange: 14. Danny Levi 15. Chris Heighington 16. Jamie Buhrer 17. Josh King 18. Jacob Lillyman 19. Luke Yates 20. Cory Denniss 21. Brent Naden

TL-CRO18.png

1. Josh Dugan 2. Edrick Lee 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Valentine Holmes 6. Matt Moylan 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Matt Prior 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen
Interchange: 14. Joseph Paulo 15. James Segeyaro 16. Ava Seumanufagai 17. Jayson Bukuya 18. Kurt Capewell 19. Jack Williams 20. Sosaia Feki 21. Braeden Uele

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Jon Stone, Gavin Reynolds
Sideline Officials: Rohan Best, Matt Noyen
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Ben Cummins

Feeder club matches
KNIGHTS (NSWRL) & SHARKS (NSWRL - Newtown)
SAT
Wests Tigers / Magpies v Sharks / Newtown @ Lidcombe, Flegg 11am / ISP 1pm (CH 9 NSW)
Knights v Dragons @ Cessnock SG, Flegg 3pm
SUN
Knights v Dragons @ McDonald Jones Stadum, ISP 11:45am​

Last edited by a moderator:

Old dog

Juniors
I'm expecting many changes, can see Buhrer, Heighinton coming into the side beside, due to injury Cogger and at least one surprise prop/central forward, expect Esee, our best forward to start with Lillyman our most experienced with Buhrer possibly filling in at centre, Heighinton on bench, with DanS because he is our best option, with Levi and Sione. JSaf and Lamb out injured. Surprise prop, Buhrer , Sione or Ross to miss out.
King to reserves, no place for Yates, sorry. Have no one in reserves to fill centre so options are drop Sione or Ross and replace with Buhrer.

Burwood

Bench
Fifita will have a field day- there’s no way they’ll be able to shut down his offloads. Straight through the middle all game.

mozza91

Coach
Maybe Cory Dennis gets a run this weekend? He seemed to be next in line for the left centre spot at the start of the year when Moga was coming back.

I reckon Ross and Sione will stay.
Cogger will get the half spot. Buhrer in to cover if we need him at half or anywhere else.
Stig in the squad. See how he trains with the firsts. No clue whether he is even close to having some form but worth looking at I think. He was picked at 18th man when he first debuted for us. Went on as a member of the 2011 team that made the 8.

Old dog

Juniors
I think the side will be
1 Ponga 2 Sio 3 Sione/Buhrer 4 Ross/Buhrer 5 SKD 6 Watson 7 Cogger 8 Esee 9 Griff
10 Lillyman 11 Barnett 12 Fitz 13 Guerra 14 Levi 15 Heighinton 16 DanS 17 Buhrer/Sione/Yates.
If Buhrer replaces Sione is 17, if replaces Ross then Yates 17

Yosh

Coach
The first game this season for me where I think we have absolutely no chance to win. Not gonna call 50-0 but hopefully we stay competitive and not embarrass ourselves out there.

Spot On

Coach
Do you think they know they are soft and need to do something about it??? Or are they giving it their all and what you see is what you get with them???

Woosh

Head Moderator
Do you think they know they are soft and need to do something about it??? Or are they giving it their all and what you see is what you get with them???

If Brown really wants to make a statement about our poor edge defense he should send both Sione and Ross back to NSW Cup this week.
I don’t care who he replace them with.
Enough is enough.

Spot On

Coach
I'm referring to the forwards.

As far as our defence goes, and there are multiple problems with it, the edges have been diabolically bad for years and Brown doesn't seem to be able to fix it.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I'm referring to the forwards.

As far as our defence goes, and there are multiple problems with it, the edges have been diabolically bad for years and Brown doesn't seem to be able to fix it.

Brown needs to sack himself.
How can he continue to let Sione make the same defensive error over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

slotmachine

First Grade
s far as our defence goes, and there are multiple problems with it, the edges have been diabolically bad for years and Brown doesn't seem to be able to fix it

I've seen every excuse in the book, mainly that it's our rubbish middle to blame.

I think conceding when the Titans were a man down and we were numbered up on the right has put that to bed.

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Ken Sio
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Nathan Ross
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Connor Watson
7. Jack Cogger
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Slade Griffin
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Mitch Barnett