What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solo: A Star Wars Story

sandshark

Bench

Parra Pride

Coach
I feel like they took down a list of things you had to show in a Han Solo movie, meeting Chewie and Lando, getting the Falcon and doing the Kessel Run and then padded the rest of the movie with a bunch of action sequences that all happened for no real reason.

Also not sure why out of every character they could have name dropped for asking for help on the first heist they tried to pull off they named drop f**king Bossk.

Mother f**king Darth Maul cameo though

Haffa

I enjoyed it certainly exceeded my expectations. Alden Ehrenreich did a good job as Han and Donald Glover was a decent Lando.

L337 was amusing at first but soon turned into an annoying Jar Jar Binks.

That cameo at the end won it for me.

LESStar58

Referee
I feel like they took down a list of things you had to show in a Han Solo movie, meeting Chewie and Lando, getting the Falcon and doing the Kessel Run and then padded the rest of the movie with a bunch of action sequences that all happened for no real reason.

Also not sure why out of every character they could have name dropped for asking for help on the first heist they tried to pull off they named drop f**king Bossk.

Mother f**king Darth Maul cameo though

The intro to Chewie was very, very well done.

Parra Pride

Coach
The intro to Chewie was very, very well done.

I feel like the four big parts of the story were fine, although the Kessel Run was kind of underwhelming and I feel like it would've been better left as never being seen and just heard about. I just felt like everything else was a whole lot of crap happening for no real reason.

LESStar58

Referee
I feel like the four big parts of the story were fine, although the Kessel Run was kind of underwhelming and I feel like it would've been better left as never being seen and just heard about. I just felt like everything else was a whole lot of crap happening for no real reason.

At least we knew how the MF got f**ked up!

sandshark

Bench
First Rose and now an SJW droid. Who in the hell writes these characters..

Movie was ok and better than what we were all expecting.
Some obvious fan service but a few nice surprises.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I enjoyed it for the most part, predicatable but it felt like Star Wars and Alden did well. Some of the action was good but other scenes felt a bit drawn out.
I feel like I’d like to see a sequel but not sure if it would happen.
A bit confused with that cameo at the end and where they will take it. Hopefully it does get fleshed out in another movie.
7/10

LESStar58

Referee
Can we start taking bets on which kiwi actor they’ll get to star in it? Tem Morrison is too old to play his own son, you’d think.

When it was initially in development the first time around I heard the name Michael B. Jordan bandied about. Given the Star Wars/Marvel cross-pollination when it comes to casting it wouldn't surprise me if it happened but really it should be Tem Morrison and nobody else.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
When it was initially in development the first time around I heard the name Michael B. Jordan bandied about. Given the Star Wars/Marvel cross-pollination when it comes to casting it wouldn't surprise me if it happened but really it should be Tem Morrison and nobody else.

Problem is Tem's 57 now. I'm sure they want someone a good generation or so younger. Taika Waititi is pretty "it" in Hollywood right now but moreso as a director, as an actor hes not really an action guy. Would be a buit of a shame if they went away from the now established canon of the Fetts/clones being Polynesian actors.