What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Woolshed Firehouse Coffee Stout.

It's like sharp, frothy espresso mixed with roasted malt. Delicious for a coffee and stout lover like me, probably far too much for a lot of people.
Always loved the coffee and oatmeal stouts. Been some pretty horrific reactions when I’ve given some to others to try so it is definitely an acquired taste

Misanthrope

Staff member
The beer selection here in Tanzania isn't great.

The local brews are watery piss, although Ndovu and Serengeti are drinkable.

Windhoek is about as fancy as it gets.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeah mang, they rocked out
i just checked their tour..

it's canberra and then 5 WA venues..

what an odd schedule..

can't wait till they get back down here again.. saw them in feb & it was a good gig...

Bazal

Post Whore
i just checked their tour..

it's canberra and then 5 WA venues..

what an odd schedule..

can't wait till they get back down here again.. saw them in feb & it was a good gig...

I think it's an extension of the Feb tour in a way... They did the big cities, decided they were all good to tour again, and now they're doing a few of the places they toured heavily back in the day and haven't hit for a while.

This year has been awesome for me. Butterfly Effect hit Canberra for the first time in like eight years, the COG for the first otime in probably that long too.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
given you and i seem to have a similar taste in music, i suggest this song..
from a WA band who didn't really get much national play.. but this song features both the lead singers of TBE and karnivool and is an awesome listen..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So how was GABS muz?
Probably the worst one i’ve been to.

They oversold it something shocking, and so it took forever to get served at the big keg things..

The day before i’d marked out the beers I wanted to try, and only got to half of them due to the lines..

Which is a shame cause it’s always been a great day out..

Bazal

Post Whore
Little Creatures The Fuggle is Real. Stout.

Honestly a little disappointing. Nice enough, classic stout flavours, but it comes off more than a little burnt tasting on the finish

Bazal

Post Whore
Young Henry's Motorcycle Oil.

Much more enjoyable than the LC Stout. Toasty porter, not so hoppy that it jars but hoppier than normal and delicious for it.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
While not technically a Craft beer Aldi has a new in house Pale Ale from NZ called North Of Nowhere, comes in a 12 pack for under $18.00, very easy to put away without any outstanding characteristics.

Latest posts