What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Bazal

Post Whore
that was never part of his job

care to source where the Government said it was?

A spokesman for the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority said it resolved to replace the board with a temporary administrator, Max Donnelly, of Ferrier Hodgson.

He said the authority was of the opinion the club's board had ceased to be effective as a governing body

Troy Grant said:
"This decision is not one that would have been taken lightly, however it now means Mr Donnelly can immediately begin the process of cleaning up and restoring the Parramatta Eels to a functional and effective club..."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...-board-sacked-administrator-appointed/7642472

So, when the government dissolves the clubs board (an extraordinary step) because it is not functioning, and appoints an administrator with remit to clean up and improve the operations of that club, do you consider that constitutional reform to enable better governance is not a part of that remit?

Furthermore, the governance reforms were created in consultation with the NSW government Independent Gaming and Liquor authority, as evidenced by this quote;

Ferrier Hodgson said:
Following consultation with stakeholders including Independent Gaming and Liquor Authority, the NRL, Clubs NSW, management and club members, a new framework for the governance of the Football Club was created, with the support of King & Wood Mallesons....

The Constitution of Football Club was substantially revised.

https://www.ferrierhodgson.com/au/m...ublications/parramatta-turnaround-publication

Care to explain how the government has not approved the attempted reforms that were designed in consultation with said government, and how they fall outside the remit Donnelly has been given to review and overhaul the governance of the club and restore it to an effective state?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I remember walking through the car park to vote was like running the gauntlet. Idiots coming at you from all directions. I remember taking one nuffys how to vote card. He seemed pleased until I told him I wanted to make sure who NOT to vote for. His cronies then went further on the attack. Unbelievable it was.

chiefy1

Juniors
vnNJTN1

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...-board-sacked-administrator-appointed/7642472

So, when the government dissolves the clubs board (an extraordinary step) because it is not functioning, and appoints an administrator with remit to clean up and improve the operations of that club, do you consider that constitutional reform to enable better governance is not a part of that remit?

Furthermore, the governance reforms were created in consultation with the NSW government Independent Gaming and Liquor authority, as evidenced by this quote;

https://www.ferrierhodgson.com/au/m...ublications/parramatta-turnaround-publication

Care to explain how the government has not approved the attempted reforms that were designed in consultation with said government, and how they fall outside the remit Donnelly has been given to review and overhaul the governance of the club and restore it to an effective state?
that doesn't mention banning anyone who had been a director before Max took over

what exactly had every director before then done wrong apart from the cap cheats?

Bazal

Post Whore
massive fail

Your inability to see what's right in front of you is no concern of mine.

You have yet to offer anything to support your claim that governance reform was not part of the remit of the administrator. You have yet to refute the clear evidence that supports the fact that governance reform was part of the remit of the administrator. You have yet to refute the clear evidence supporting the fact that the governance reforms proposed by the administrator were created in consultation with the NSW government.

In fact, you have yet to offer anything that even suggests you understand what 75% of those words mean. You have, once again, offered absolutely nothing of substance to a discussion and nothing that suggests you even understand what it being discussed. In fact, I'm beginning to feel slightly bad about all this, because your pathetic attempts at responding to any given point have made me wonder if I'm arguing with someone who has suffered a severe acquired brain injury....

El Diablo

Post Whore
lol

you're the one who made claims and yet you have failed to find anything that backs them up

f**king turnip

Bazal

Post Whore
lol

you're the one who made claims and yet you have failed to find anything that backs them up

f**king turnip

Once again, your abject inability to comprehend the evidence provided is no concern of mine. It's ok to admit you simply don't understand the evidence.

You are, without doubt, one of the greatest examples of how modern living is reducing the effectiveness of natural selection and polluting the gene pool that I have ever had the misfortune of encountering. The average third grader has greater comprehension skills, wit, humour, and intelligence than anything you have ever demonstrated on here. This latest inability to understand very clear and basic evidence is just another in an indeterminably long list demonstrating the kind of stupidity that will eventually lead to your untimely, but ultimately beneficial, demise whilst licking a light fixture to see if it tickles...

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...s/news-story/ce3ad0118ea2f1373df4ef6da7d8cf3e

PARRAMATTA PLAN GURR ROLE CHANGE

THE performance of Parramatta chief executive Bernie Gurr has been the subject of much discussion at the Eels in recent months.

The board is now in the process of drawing up a strategic plan and Gurr’s role is expected to change.

There is a line of thinking that he spends far too much time with the football team while other NRL chief executives employ a head of football to look after the day-to-day operations.

Board members want Gurr to play a more big-picture, strategic role, to set up a new academy that is similar to Penrith, to fix the junior league pathways, to prepare for the move into the new Western Sydney Stadium and work on other longer-term projects.

Latest posts