What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale its time.

rednwhites

Juniors
I would like to see someone else given a go on Nightingale's wing now. He just won't give us the pace and size that we need in the modern game. I'm wincing as I write this but we need to make some changes, starting with this one.

I am one of many that consider myself his greatest fan but it is time.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Myself and numerous others have been saying all year that Nightingale should have retired at the end of last season. Some others on this site, think that he can play first grade for us, for as long as he wishes. lol

John moz

Juniors
Every time he runs the ball up from our line i cringe. Come on nightingale just announce it being your last season dont do a ben creagh .

SaintPauli

Juniors
Nightingale has not scored since round 1. A great player over the many years and mentor for younger players. However we have now lost to all top 4 teams and we need a quality outside back to assist our forwards bringing the ball back as Nene has done that successfully mostly this year.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Nightingale has not scored since round 1. A great player over the many years and mentor for younger players. However we have now lost to all top 4 teams and we need a quality outside back to assist our forwards bringing the ball back as Nene has done that successfully mostly this year.
Pfftt if I was the bald one 1- 2-3-4-5 would have no finger nails on in hope of NRL selection. If the dopey bald fkcu played his bench right we don't have a problem.

Blues seletions:
Frizz 100% deserved
Debellin 18 pending injury
The rest need a mirror and heaps of video evidence to see how ugly they have played in the Red V in the the last six weeks
Sack Mary..... NFI......?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Myself and numerous others have been saying all year that Nightingale should have retired at the end of last season. Some others on this site, think that he can play first grade for us, for as long as he wishes. lol

And yet, those Nightingale critics remain tight lipped when MacDonald makes (yet again) a fundamental defensive error resulting in a preventable try.

Interesting.

And yet, those Nightingale critics remain tight lipped when MacDonald makes (yet again) a fundamental defensive error resulting in a preventable try.

Interesting.
Don’t forget he dropped a pass from Lafai AGAIN because he wasn’t in the correct position.

Penrith went around our right side again when Nightingake was 20 metres infield in defence.
But have a look at it, the two tacklers in the middle of the field were Hunt and Aitken, both were markers, no one dropped back to cover their places in the defensive line, forcing Nightingale to come infield to fill the holes.

Our right side defence is a structural problem that is not being fixed.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Don’t forget he dropped a pass from Lafai AGAIN because he wasn’t in the correct position.

Penrith went around our right side again when Nightingake was 20 metres infield in defence.
But have a look at it, the two tacklers in the middle of the field were Hunt and Aitken, both were markers, no one dropped back to cover their places in the defensive line, forcing Nightingale to come infield to fill the holes.

Our right side defence is a structural problem that is not being fixed.

I mentioned this on the forum, and was duly dismissed.

Isolating Nightingale as a major weakness is laughable.

As you've clearly indicated, the problems on the right side are far more complex.

ouryears

Bench
f**k you nightingale you senile old c#nt. Stay the f#ck on your wing. Retire immediately your not up to the task
Geeze, can't you use some emotionally intelligent words to express it's time nighty.

The C word and others is pretty embarassing and juvenile these days.

And, it was not just nighty that caused the loss, it was the while damn team and coaching staff.

Let's just blame the guy out there near the side line lol.

BennyV

Referee
I mentioned this on the forum, and was duly dismissed.

Isolating Nightingale as a major weakness is laughable.

As you've clearly indicated, the problems on the right side are far more complex.
The fact that there are other issues on the right side doesn’t men Nighty still isn’t a major weakness. For mine, it’s his attack (or lack thereof) that is suffering and suggests it’s time he pass the torch.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Last night Nighty played his 257th game for us. To equal Ben Hornby he needs 16 more games (17 to break it).
There are 12 regular games remaining plus a maximum 3 or 4 finals games. So he will come up short no matter what.
Surely this is not the reason he is playing every week! The fact that he has stated he is open to playing again next year just gives me that impression.
I maybe way off the mark here but his form is declining rapidly.
Unfortunately, with Lomax out for 8 weeks, I cant see him coming into the squad that late in the season. That only leaves Mann, who has been geared as a forward now and it showed yesterday, Garrick who really is a centre but has poor defense, Periera who can score a try but again defensively suspect. The other option is Herbert who is a smart footballer can score a try but like the others defensively suspect at NRL level.

If McGregor wont drop Nighty then the only true option is swapping him and Mann IMO. Mann to wing and Nighty #17. This would allow 3 forwards on the bench and Nighty as the utility.
As the utility Nighty could cover the backline or do the Mann role when required.
McGregor is never going to drop him to ISP, so this is the only option IMO other than keeping the current status quo which we all know is becoming, if not already, untenable.

st shaneoh

Juniors
Geeze, can't you use some emotionally intelligent words to express it's time nighty.

The C word and others is pretty embarassing and juvenile these days.

And, it was not just nighty that caused the loss, it was the while damn team and coaching staff.

Let's just blame the guy out there near the side line lol.
What guy near the sideline? He wasn't there when peachy made the break for the first try.

Latest posts