What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths should be favourites for the premiership

Pommy

Coach
Lol look at all the souffs fans starting to infest the forums

They’re spreading faster than aids in Africa

Where were they 5 weeks ago? Or better yet the last 2 years.

I just hope it’s reflected at ANZ. Hopefully it boosts the NRLs overall crowd figures.

jack coburn

Juniors
I like the look of Souths . Have the best forward pack in the comp and a backline with international and origin players in it leading the way.
I can see them making it premiership no 21 (can’t seriously count the scabbed one) this yr if they keep going.

Cockosh

Juniors
Will we see a sharks fan start a similar thread seeing as they’ve won 6 straight? LOL@souffs. Geez every club has fans that are easily excited.

MrBlack

Juniors
Lol@souffs

The NRL should commission a "premiership in May" trophy and award it to Souths now.

They can run off and have a little party, maybe a small parade, while the rest of us get on with the rest of the season.

Lambretta

First Grade
When Souths rolled Easts earlier this season I said they were the team to watch
Their hooker gets them going forward and is dangerous round the ruck, their forwards are big and strong and they offload to create space for their backs. Their halfback has an excellent kicking game which can get them out of trouble. There are few areas on the field where they are weak. They are a definite contender

But currently we are less than half of the way into the season and whilst predictions of Premiership glory this early in the season isn't Albert stupid, it's still pretty dumb

Every team is one or two injuries away from mediocrity

Silent Knight

First Grade
The NRL should commission a "premiership in May" trophy and award it to Souths now.

They can run off and have a little party, maybe a small parade, while the rest of us get on with the rest of the season.

They already get a grand final shield and a commemorative poster each year...

17-0071_xl.jpg

Why should the NRL give them more handouts?

But on a serious note this Seibold fellow is doing reasonably well with the scrub roster he's inherited. I thought Souffs management made a bad mistake ignoring my campaign to Bring Back Langmack and while they haven't reached the heights they would have with old Foghorn in charge, they're doing alright (kind of like earning minimum wage instead of being on the dole).

In the end though it will come down to how many penalties get blown when Hamburgers drops the ball that will determine how far Souffs advance this year.

Barkley

Bench
I'd give up everything to be named May premiership favorites....Premierships, Minor Premierships and State of Origin victories. Nothing compares to being May premiership favorites!

Given the choice I'd much rather stay flying under the radar, thanks very much.

Just happy to be sitting in the top four and playing the type of footy we are.

DC_fan

Coach
Joey Johns is joining the list of football experts who agree with me. The list has been extended by Ray Warren.

Last edited:

Latest posts