What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Sharks @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Knights v Sharks

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
The point is Brown letting it happen week after week after week after week but does nothing about it.
It’s about making a statement and as a coach Brown has failed miserably.
Ross would be probably be out injured next week but I bet Sione will still remain.

Sione can not play in the centres again. So many times today he had no clue when numbered up.

Noname36

First Grade
There’s not much to say really is there?

If it was just a couple of players hurting us all the time then they could easily be dropped (not that that we have anyone decent to replace them with) but unfortunately at the moment the majority of the squad is just not up to standard.

I don’t really know what Brown should or could to do to be honest.

When Pearce went down I said we wouldn’t win another game and I can’t see that changing...if anything I’m just more convinced.

They’ve just completely shat the bed since he’s been gone and it really shows just how much composure he was giving the side.

It was obvious early on that we didn’t have the talent to compete with the top sides but we were at least good enough to compete and score some wins against the other lower teams but they’ve completely lost the plot without Pearce. You can coach teams during the week as much as you want to make the right decisions, not drop their bundle under pressure, etc. but at the end of the day if you’ve got no composure or leadership on the field it’s going to be ugly.

Just really disappointing but I don’t know where we go from here.

slotmachine

First Grade
unfortunately at the moment the majority of the squad is just not up to standard.

I don’t really know what Brown should or could to do to be honest.

He bought three quarters of the players that took the field today.

What he should be doing is coaching them to be better but that seems beyond him.

Noname36

First Grade
He bought three quarters of the players that took the field today.

What he should be doing is coaching them to be better but that seems beyond him.

How would you even know what is being or not being coached?

I would be very surprised if what we are seeing come out on the field in the past 4 weeks is what is being coached.

The players we’ve bought in have been the shining lights this season.

Spot On

Coach
Pearce isn't saving this mob. Yes he would make a big difference but the problems are much bigger. Pearce may have been able to guide us to a win against the Titans but that's it.

Spot On

Coach
How would you even know what is being or not being coached?

I would be very surprised if what we are seeing come out on the field in the past 4 weeks is what is being coached.

Then it is time to flick a few for whoever is in reserves because they can not be much worse. Something has to be done.

Noname36

First Grade
Pearce isn't saving this mob. Yes he would make a big difference but the problems are much bigger. Pearce may have been able to guide us to a win against the Titans but that's it.

Let me clarify: I’m not saying Pearce will save them. What I’m saying is that while still obviously not good enough to compete with the top sides, we were at least able to win against the other lower teams. Hell without Pearce we couldn’t even keep our shit together long enough to stop the Titans with 12 men.

We were obviously never going to suddenly come out and be world beaters this year, but it was clear that we had improved a lot, but now without Pearce we’re clearly a different side to the one from the first 8 rounds.

Noname36

First Grade

Then it is time to flick a few for whoever is in reserves because they can not be much worse. Something has to be done.

I’m fine with that, but the problem is 80% of them deserve to be dropped at the moment which is just not realistic.

At the start of the year when we were going well I thought it would help to drop Sione and Ross because they seemed to be the worst but now they’re all making similar errors. Hell even Ponga for all is talent comes up with some clangers.

I really just don’t know what we should do and I really think that anyone that says they know is just guessing. I don’t envy Brown. He had the right idea with Pearce and he certainly helped the squad but there’s nobody else that can offer that...hence why I was so f**king depressed when he went down.

Spot On

Coach
Gotta start somewhere. 4 changes at least for next week. That's close to a quarter. Maybe one more depending on the fitness of the reggies players.

slotmachine

First Grade
Gotta start somewhere. 4 changes at least for next week. That's close to a quarter. Maybe one more depending on the fitness of the reggies players.

Not happening. Brown said in presser the side out there today plus King and Dennis (LOL) are it for next week.

Spot On

Coach
Just lol then.

Deserve everything we get.

How is Buhrer playing firsts anymore? He was gased after 5 minutes.

slotmachine

First Grade
Did Yates kick Brown's dog?

Denniss is woeful but I would have brought him in for Sione after he made the same defensive error for the 15th time 2 months ago. Naden a chance also.

You cant have griffin, levi and buher in the same side.

Noname36

First Grade
So basically we have nobody? I’m not trying to make a point btw, I don’t watch reserve grade much so I was hoping we’d have a forward or two deserving of selection. I know we’re f**ked for halves and outside backs.

Latest posts