What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests seeking to extend Brown

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Our attack has improved but still leaking 30 points a game like last two years.

My point is how come the tigers who had a big player turnover and a brand new coach have their defence locked down from round 1 and we're still a work in progress?

Mate it's round 4, heaps of teams haven't got their shit together yet. The Cowboys defence has been woeful so far and the Broncos haven't been much better. Yes the Tigers are looking really good so far but it's a long competition and if at the end of the season the Tigers are still keeping that record in tact I'll be very surprised. Also I expect us to improve markedly throughout the season and we haven't exactly had an easy draw either, all the teams we've played so far are high points scoring teams (Dragons, Sea Eages & Raiders all in top 5 for tries scored) so it's not like we're the only ones that they're scoring points against.

The games against Sea Eagles & Raiders we would have lost last year and this is a big sign of the improvement under Brown. Yes it would be nice to have had closer games against the Dragons & Roosters but we won't be the only teams they touch up this year so I'm not reading too much into it.

Woosh

Head Moderator
So far Brown has had easiest job in the NRL.
Bold statement? Not really.
No coach in the history of game has had the luxury of sacking a bunch players and get 2 wooden spoons in a row and survived.
We are staring down another wooden spoon if we are not careful.
The only difference from this team and last few years is we added Ponga.
Brown isn’t doing any coaching, all he has done is sack a bunch of players.

Woosh

Head Moderator

None.
Brown has had the easiest job in the world.
I could do the job that Brown has been doing.
Sack a bunch of players, throw big coin at players.. eventually someone would sign..
Collect 2 wooden spoons along the way, staring down a third.
Game plan throw the ball to Ponga and defend like under 8s.

Spot On

Coach
It's hard to argue against unfortunately.

I was fully supportive of the coach from day one, was ecstatic with the players moved on and expected much better form from the young blokes he brought through the past 2 years but atm it is absolute shite.

Can anyone be blamed for believing that the very weakness Brown himself went to effort to publicly highlight when he took over - our pitiful defence - has actually become worse under his reign.

Again, how do we defend this fact?

Burwood

Bench
None.
Brown has had the easiest job in the world.
I could do the job that Brown has been doing.
Sack a bunch of players, throw big coin at players.. eventually someone would sign..
Collect 2 wooden spoons along the way, staring down a third.
Game plan throw the ball to Ponga and defend like under 8s.

So no coach has ever been retained for a third season after winning two consecutive spoons?