What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd movies discussion

So I made this thread to obviously talk about strange movies that have stuck with us

For me the movie is Event Horizon

I don't know what to say about it however f**k this is a brutal movie

As is Evil dead

And....Devil.... jelly side up what the f**k

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Watched something weird last night called Outpost 11. About 3 guys in a military installation isolated in the Arctic Circle in an alternative history.

Never experienced the feeling of being pulled into a movie before like this. But the ending was just pure dross.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Donnie Darko stands out for me in terms of weirdness.

Jaws: The Revenge stands out for all the wrong reasons, particularly the way in which the shark dies.

I feel the remake of The Omen was particularly odd

I watched the original and the remake a week apart and feel like they were nearly identical

Normally they're similar unlike the Ryan Reynolds amityville horror retread

mackdadday

Juniors
Anthing by Jodorowsky is as weird as it is glorious. The Holy Mountain, Santa Sangre, The Dance of Reality, Endless Poetry. Apparently he doesnt allow any actors in his film who havent had sex with him, done drugs with him.

Also Astron 6 put out some great films. I epsecially liked Fathers Day which is about a serial killer who goes around raping and murdering dads. They also did the Editor which was done by all English actors but then dubbed into eightysish sound voice overs.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Can't go past 1970s Eastern European movies for a touch of oddness. Make that great slabs of oddness.

Two which immediately come to mind are:-

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders (1970) - Czechoslovakian horror.

Sweet Movie (1974) - Yugoslavian written and directed dramatic comedy.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The makers of this had to be inspired by Street Trash

It was fan voted. If you remember Grindhouse ( Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino), it had some fake movie trailers inbetween the movies. So fans voted which one they would like made. That was the one. I love it. It's the best of bad 80's movies.

gUt

Coach
Peter Jackson's early work is all good. The very best of course is Meet the Feebles. Check it out.

RedVDave

First Grade
Any David Lynch Film:
-Lost Highway
--Eraser Head
---Mulholland Drive

Other notable films include:
R100 (Japanese Film)'
Fear And Loathing Las Vegas

Latest posts