What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Eels v Knights

• Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 13
Parramatta Eels v Newcastle Knights
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 2 June 2018

Gates 5pm / ISP 5:15pm / NRL 7:35pm

TL-PAR18.png

1. Bevan French 2. Josh Hoffman 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Takairangi 5. George Jennings 6. Clint Gutherson 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Daniel Alvaro 9. Cameron King 10. Siosaia Vave 11. Manu Ma'u 12. Tepai Moeroa 13. Peni Terepo
Interchange: 14. Will Smith 15. Suaia Matagi 16. David Gower 17. Marata Niukore 18. Nathan Brown 19. Kirisome Auva'a 20. Jaeman Salmon 21. Kane Evans

TL-NEW18.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Ken Sio 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Cory Denniss 5. Shaun Kenny-dowall 6. Connor Watson 7. Jack Cogger 8. Jacob Lillyman 9. Slade Griffin 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Aidan Guerra
Interchange: 14. Danny Levi 15. Chris Heighington 16. Jamie Buhrer 17. Josh King 18. Luke Yates 19. Brent Naden 20. Nicholas Meaney 21. Pat Mata'utia

REF-BLACK-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referees: To be advised

Feeder club matches
EELS (NSWRL - Wentworthville) & KNIGHTS (NSWRL)
SAT
Mounties (CAN) v Knights @ Aubrey Keech, Flegg 1pm / ISP 3pm
Eels v Warriors @ Ringrose, Flegg 3pm
Wentworthville v Warriors @ ANZ, ISP 5:15pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

K-Man

Bench
I honestly think the Eels will win this one comfortably. They need a team to play them into some form, and we are that team.

For me the Titans game, even more than today vs Sharks, showed where we are at right now. We're in serious trouble. I don't think the spoon is out of the question at all.

Eels by 13+. Gutherson man of the match.

Yosh

Coach
Surely we can't lose this... I have said many a time in seasons past but seriously how can we lose this?

mozza91

Coach
I’m going down for this one so they better put up something much better than that crap today.

Spot On

Coach
Surely we can't lose this... I have said many a time in seasons past but seriously how can we lose this?

The ladder may not show it but Parra are playing much better than us. They hang on to the ball and we'll be destroyed.

Spot On

Coach
So many things wrong with our game you just don't know where to begin.

Newcastle to complete their first set, then give away a penalty to have Parra start their second set about 30 m out and the horribly out of form Mitch Moses to lay on their first try. Sione to get a reprieve for a few sets as they attack the other side.

Rinse and repeat numerous times across our 'd' line.

Bartwah

Juniors
Herman to miss a week for his late shot on Townsend. There goes our only forward that shows any consistency. This will be a bloodbath

Spot On

Coach
Is he really getting suspended for that? Do we not see countless hits on the kicker when in the air and near his legs ever week?

Yosh

Coach
The ladder may not show it but Parra are playing much better than us. They hang on to the ball and we'll be destroyed.

The funny thing is that we have the best completion in the comp... We just do nothing with the ball...

mozza91

Coach
Ese'ese to miss a week and Lewis to escape suspension with a guilty plea.. You can't make this shit up.
f**k me. Did a Knights player root someone on the judiciary panel’s wife once or what? Smith and Snowden’s bans in 2013 were 2 of the worst ever. Sione copped an over the top one in 2015 and now this shit? Jesus H Christ.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Ese'ese to miss a week and Lewis to escape suspension with a guilty plea.. You can't make this shit up.

f**k me. Did a Knights player root someone on the judiciary panel’s wife once or what? Smith and Snowden’s bans in 2013 were 2 of the worst ever. Sione copped an over the top one in 2015 and now this shit? Jesus H Christ.

How bloody surprising...NOT! I didn't even consider it a penalty because he tackled him around the waist as he kicked the ball, let alone worth a one game ban...and Luke Lewis hits Ponga late and high (causing a HIA review), doesn't get a penalty on the field and not worth gaining a one game ban for the cheap, dog shot?!

If I am the club, we need to fight this and stand up to the judiciary instead of just copping this crap every time it comes to the Knights being an easy target to hit with BS calls and then to exacerbate the issue by looking for the top end of the scale in terms of penalty applied to our club.

This has become a sport for the NRL that we need to step up and say we aren't going to cop this bias any more...as Mozza said, the penalties handed out to players like Snowden, Smith, Sione and Mamo (think he got 4 weeks for collecting a player with his hip trying to stop a try) that get meted out when other clubs get the minimum end of the scale, or worse not even cited needs to be called out for the sake of the players and the fans. If it costs us $10K, it will be well spent and at least show us(and the NRL) that this club is no longer owned by the NRL - literally or figuratively

EDIT - case in point for the bottom end of the scale for Storm - Kafusi has nothing to answer for trying to 'tweak' Scott's knee and just noted Sam Kasiano got graded the same as Herman for the dog shot he put on Thurston over the weekend - tell me how they warrant the same penalty??!!!

Last edited:
EDIT - case in point for the bottom end of the scale for Storm - Kafusi has nothing to answer for trying to 'tweak' Scott's knee and just noted Sam Kasiano got graded the same as Herman for the dog shot he put on Thurston over the weekend - tell me how they warrant the same penalty??!!!

I'm amazed (but not surprised) that Ese could get a week for that but DCE got nothing for a f**king eye gouge

Tom155

Coach

TEAM

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Ken Sio
3. Sione Mata'utia
4. Cory Denniss
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Connor Watson
7. Jack Cogger
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Slade Griffin