What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 2018

Blair

Coach
It's that time of year again, just when the NRL season was looking like the most interesting in years.

Anyway, the teams. A shot in the arm for SOO or more of the same?:

NSW: 1. James Tedesco 2. Josh Addo-Carr 3. James Roberts 4. Latrell Mitchell 5. Tom Trbojevic 6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Damien Cook 10. David Klemmer 11. Boyd Cordner (capt) 12. Tyson Frizell 13. Jack de Belin Interchange: 14. Paul Vaughan 15. Jake Trbojevic 16. Angus Crichton 17. Tyrone Peachey 18. Tariq Sims 19. Nick Cotric.

Qld: 1. Billy Slater 2. Valentine Holmes 3. Greg Inglis (capt) 4. Will Chambers 5. Dane Gagai 6. Cameron Munster 7. Ben Hunt 8. Dylan Napa 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Jarrod Wallace 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Felise Kaufusi 13. Josh McGuire Interchange: 14. Michael Morgan 15. Josh Papalii 16. Coen Hess 17. Jai Arrow.

Meth

Staff member
Most exciting NSW team in ages, even if they do get pumped.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I can't believe how quick my transition from WOW ORIGIN IS ON to who gives a f**k has happened.

The annual pissing contest isn't even likely to help us this year, just when we could really use it to guarantee a finals spot.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Theres been a few Origins where the NSW line-up has looked unbeatable and then Queensland goes out and wins. However, for the first time in a long time, I very seriously doubt the Maroons chance of winning any games at all this year.

Blair

Coach
Theres been a few Origins where the NSW line-up has looked unbeatable and then Queensland goes out and wins. However, for the first time in a long time, I very seriously doubt the Maroons chance of winning any games at all this year.

The cliche about pride in the Maroons jumper is true though. It means more to them. As you said, they've often started as underdogs. I think that's why most Kiwis backed them from the start.

I'm still Qld after all these years. I shouldn't be, I've spent just a few months up there (about 17 years ago) but have lived in NSW for over 20 years.

I really got into that series in '91, when Lowie coached them to victory.

Blair

Coach
I can't believe how quick my transition from WOW ORIGIN IS ON to who gives a f**k has happened.

The annual pissing contest isn't even likely to help us this year, just when we could really use it to guarantee a finals spot.

I feel the same, but then winter can be quite boring where I live.

The Soccer WC might bleed a lot of attention away from SOO this year.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I really got into that series in '91, when Lowie coached them to victory.
Awesome series that one. Love those good old days when 'lifting past the horizontal' was just a dump tackle, the war was real and the fights were just entertaining as f**k. Those series actually made Origin.

Blair

Coach
Awesome series that one. Love those good old days when 'lifting past the horizontal' was just a dump tackle, the war was real and the fights were just entertaining as f**k. Those series actually made Origin.

And live into packed NZ lounge-rooms on Channel 2. A massive boost for the game over there. For that reason alone I'll always have a soft-spot for Origin.

Blair

Coach
The 'if NZ was still part of NSW' hypothetical we've done over the years would mean both Harris and Fusitua making the Blues in '18. They couldn't say no to their performances this year.

That's a boost for us as over the years we've only agreed on Matulino.

Big Marn

Juniors
NSW TEAM FOR ORIGIN I 2017. Just as a comparison. * means kept spot in 2018

1. James Tedesco *

2. Blake Ferguson

3. Josh Dugan

4. Jarryd Hayne

5. Brett Morris

6. James Maloney *

7. Mitchell Pearce

8. Aaron Woods

9. Nathan Peats

10. Andrew Fifita

11. Josh Jackson

12. Boyd Cordner (c) *

13. Tyson Frizell *

14. Jack Bird

15. Wade Graham

16. David Klemmer *

17. Jack Trbojevic *

JJ

Immortal
There's points for both sides in the NSW backline, and a real worry about kick returns

NSW should win, but they should have won last year... at the end of the day there are 11 debutants which doesn't usually end well... still I think and hope NSW wins

Meth

Staff member

I am close to there now- for a combination of reasons- Queensland’s dominance and the effect on the international game.

BLN2

Juniors
I don't rate Roberts and Mitchell that much, they love them in the Aus commentary! They go invisible for 80% of games. IF they fire up for origin, should be a good watch. Defense is questionable also. I think Fergo could have been there over Turbo, as your hit up donkey.

But I also don't really rate the QLD forward pack, the bench is good though. Either out of form or fresh off injury. I can see NSW bashing the QLD pack, and Cook, Teddy and co carving them late in the game. Then QLD will get desperate, drop Morgan for Ponga in game 2 to match the pace..