What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

beave

Coach
Granville extended 3 more years.

Not sure how I feel about it. He was f**king amazing in 2015 and has gone backwards since. He’s starting to run it again which has always been his strength but his service has been absolutley woeful this year. Some of his passes put the runners under ridiculous amounts of pressure and he throws a good dozen forward passes a game that should be picked up by the refs. I actually want to see Hampton get a shot at starting hooker and see how he goes there.

blaza88z

Coach
Granville's got a bit of Bennett/Boyd about him, he was at Wynnum Manly under Green and then got picked to play for Brisbane as soon as Green went to NQ so did Granville

Spot On

Coach
Agree with Neave - Granville's service has been deplorable. Laughable at times.

Poor Kevvie.... Smith pulls the pin and the only bloke to vill the void is McCullough. I mean, he didnt have to think about it.

You wouldn't feed Jake Friend and only needed 5 mins of Granville's form to see there were no other options at all.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
Granville extended 3 more years.

Not sure how I feel about it. He was f**king amazing in 2015 and has gone backwards since. He’s starting to run it again which has always been his strength but his service has been absolutley woeful this year. Some of his passes put the runners under ridiculous amounts of pressure and he throws a good dozen forward passes a game that should be picked up by the refs. I actually want to see Hampton get a shot at starting hooker and see how he goes there.

I take your point regarding JG's 2018 form but lets be honest, our whole squad has been well below NRL standard this year, aside from a winger and a stop gap centre, Feldty and Hampton. We've got blokes running around who look like they're still in pre-season mode. JG is just one of many in the same boat.
I have faith that this woeful season is just a blip on the radar. Maybe its a combination of expectation, some arrogance and possibly a club legend going one season too long (not that i blame JT for everything going wrong BTW).

All i know is that moving forward when we do eventually snap out of this funk, whether it happens this season or next, id rather have Jake Granville in our team than not.

beave

Coach
I take your point regarding JG's 2018 form but lets be honest, our whole squad has been well below NRL standard this year, aside from a winger and a stop gap centre, Feldty and Hampton. We've got blokes running around who look like they're still in pre-season mode. JG is just one of many in the same boat.
I have faith that this woeful season is just a blip on the radar. Maybe its a combination of expectation, some arrogance and possibly a club legend going one season too long (not that i blame JT for everything going wrong BTW).

All i know is that moving forward when we do eventually snap out of this funk, whether it happens this season or next, id rather have Jake Granville in our team than not.

Mate I want him to kill it like 2015 but his game is so far behind that level at the moment, although the last 3-4 weeks he seems to be running a bit more than the last few years.

He was pretty meat and potatoes last year and in ‘16. Sides seem to have clicked and watched him like a hawk from DH so he either seemed reluctant to run it or it was coached out of him. His service in that first year was average/par, it was his running game that really made him shine. If he’s not running it and his passing service has regressed, he’s pretty much just a tacklebot DH.

His passing at times this year has been beyond horrendous. He puts runners under pressure with slow and clunky passes, balls behind players instead of out in front, Mind you he’s not on his Pat Malone. Like you say, Hampto and Feldty are the only
2 worth feeding at the moment (Lolo is still making decent metres) so hopefully Granny snaps out of it and plays like everyone knows he can.

I just don’t know what the f**k has gone on with these idiots. Winning the Storm trial game and rd1 IMO plus the run late last year has given them a false sense of security and arrogance. It’s been so disappointing watching them bumble their way through games. Huge clean out is needed but I don’t think there’s gonna be much decent cattle to muster in with the salary cap going up significantly this year and players aligning their contracts with the start of 2018, 2019 is slim pickings.

Clifferd

Coach
Hopefully you boys are footing the whole bill.

Not sure mate. I’ve heard Dogs will be pitching in 300k pa but could be wrong

Jeez it’s not often I feel sorry for opposition teams but Des has well and truly f**ked your mob. First Reynolds, Graham, now this. All topped off with a fat overrated Woods and a playmaker with 80 year old hammies

AJB1102

First Grade

Jeez it’s not often I feel sorry for opposition teams but Des has well and truly f**ked your mob. First Reynolds, Graham, now this. All topped off with a fat overrated Woods and a playmaker with 80 year old hammies

f**king the Doggies goes someone way to redeeming Des for helping Manly win comps

Barkley

Bench

Yeah I thought that might be the case. Even if other clubs could afford to, why would they pay full price when we are so desperate. We are like a closing down sale “We will accept any reasonable offer! All players must go!”

Vic Mackey

Referee
Does that mean Tui Lolohea has signed with Harry DeWheels to become a full time professional pie eater?

Not sure what’s doing with Tui. If Benji doesn’t go round next year I think he might have the role that Benji was meant to play this year. Off the bench playing in the halves then Grub to hooker for Liddle.

He has the talent and I don’t think he’s been bad for us but it’s the little things he doesn’t do that stand out. For instance in the Dogs try he could have easily kept Morris in the corner but gave up and let the goal kick be taken 10m next to the posts instead of in the corner. In a close game we could have lost by 2.

However then in a team that’s lacking in attack he was involved in 2 of our 3 tries. We also haven’t lost with him at fullback this year.

The rumours are always that he doesn’t put in at training however I’ve heard the coaching staff are really happy with him. One thing we know is Ivan doesn’t play favourites so if he performs at pre season he’ll be given every opportunity to start the year at 1.

Latest posts