What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB Thread

Snoochies

First Grade
Any Baseball fans here?

I for one am looking forward to opening day and also have something else to watch besides Parra being hopeless and the media circus around rubbing balls the wrong way.

Looking forward to seeing if Judge, Stanton and Sanchez can live up to the hype.

T-Boon

Coach
Any Baseball fans here?

I for one am looking forward to opening day and also have something else to watch besides Parra being hopeless and the media circus around rubbing balls the wrong way.

Looking forward to seeing if Judge, Stanton and Sanchez can live up to the hype.

Yep. Go Yankees.
MLB season interferes with my work because I work from home a lot and thats where Fox is.
I bet Sanchez has the best season of the three.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Yep. Go Yankees.
MLB season interferes with my work because I work from home a lot and that where Fox is.
I bet Sanchez has the best season of the three.

Be interesting to see how Judge adjusts this year, I don't think he'll hit as many homers but his % will go up. If they are planning on using him at number 2, he needs to cut down on the strikeouts so his focus will need to be more contact. Sanchez will be a very happy man behind Stanton but who might be even happier is Didi, he'll see a lot of fastballs.

T-Boon

Coach
Be interesting to see how Judge adjusts this year, I don't think he'll hit as many homers but his % will go up. If they are planning on using him at number 2, he needs to cut down on the strikeouts so his focus will need to be more contact. Sanchez will be a very happy man behind Stanton but who might be even happier is Didi, he'll see a lot of fastballs.

Yeah, I've heard they are going to use him at 1 a bit because even though he strikes out a lot he also gets on base a lot through walks.

Snoochies

First Grade
Great start by the Yanks, Stanton with 2 Hr's and Judge with 2 hits.

Been an eventful opening day all round.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
The Yanks will be hard to stop with that batting lineup, not looking forward to Stanton at Fenway, he will pop at least 5 over the monster through the year.

Price is a bust for the sox, killing our payroll, need to have a yankees type rebuild.

T-Boon

Coach
My prediction of Sanchez having a better season than Judge and Stanton is not looking good. Through 6 games he has 1 hit from 18 at bats.

Snoochies

First Grade
My prediction of Sanchez having a better season than Judge and Stanton is not looking good. Through 6 games he has 1 hit from 18 at bats.

He's popping up a lot. He's seeing the ball but needs an adjustment.

Look at the stats of the bottom of the Yankees order, they are out hitting the top of the line up but that's to be expected at this stage. Pitchers are working around the top order guys and going after the bottom order therefore they are seeing a lot more pitches in the zone. I think I said back up there ^^^^ Didi would benefit most out of this and he certainly is.

Hope Stanton can at least start making more contact soon.

T-Boon

Coach
WOW, just had a nasty brawl in the Yankees v Red Sox game. Fat lips, broken bats. A couple of big lads going at it. Really great stuff.

Snoochies

First Grade
Was great to see the rivalry continue. Mind you, ad an ex player, you never ever slide in with your cleats up. Wasn't surprised he got drilled when he came upto bat.

Snoochies

First Grade
6-1 road trip for the Yankees beating last years world champs and sweeping the Angels. Great series, hope they can build on that at home now.
The big boys still have relatively quiet bats at the moment.

T-Boon

Coach
And it looks like continuing at Yankee stadium on May the Fourth.
Torres just hit what I think is the first homer of his career. The young batting depth is unbelievable at the moment. They really need to trade for another starting pitcher though as Sonny Gray is the only weakness.

T-Boon

Coach
How good is CC Sabathia right now?
38, fattest man in sport and earning every sent of his $10mill contract. Plays better when he is fat and eating pizza just like John Daly.
The only bad season he has had was when he decided to get in shape 3 years ago.

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Yankees are looking good. Really good. Stanton took a while to get going but it’s all starting to click now.

T-Boon

Coach
Yankees have won 10 or their last 11 with series wins over Angels and Astros and a win today over Red Sox. It is a great run.

T-Boon

Coach
Yankees get things going again with an extra inning victory.
Gardner with 2 homers, Judge 1 and this Glibber Torres kid got the game wing RBI single. He is going to be huge.

T-Boon

Coach
Yankees still on fire!

Yeah the rookies they have are great.
German is looking like a real prospect as a starting pitcher. Some other rookie starts tomorrow. They still probably need to trade for a starting pitcher but not necessarily sell the farm.