What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

nick87

Coach
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=5e2c456bcd316b8f08d76fae0635691d-1527674209

Raiders sign Ryan Sutton
22 year old English prop. No idea if he can play but to be 22 and already have 100+ games as a middle bodes well imo. Should only improve too.
Also you google him and all you get is youtube clips of him throwing punches. Good aggression

ESL players are hit and miss and there is a real chance he stinks, but this is the type of gamble i dont mind taking.

nick87

Coach
Canberra is a nice place compared to Wigan, smart recruiting strategy
We really do tap into this market a lot, haha. It really is a good strategy because it takes away the climate disadvantage we face in Australia.

If he's half as good as Elliott Whitehead he'll be a fine signing.

typicalfan

Coach
We really do tap into this market a lot, haha. It really is a good strategy because it takes away the climate disadvantage we face in Australia.

If he's half as good as Elliott Whitehead he'll be a fine signing.
If you got him cheap then passing over the giant contracts for the big boys is fully justified and will help you keep Papalii you'd think.

nick87

Coach
If you got him cheap then passing over the giant contracts for the big boys is fully justified and will help you keep Papalii you'd think.

I have no idea what he's signed for, but seems fair to assume he's probably on less than half of what Paulo and Boyd have left for. I'd guess and say he's in the 200-300k a year range

Timbo

Staff member
Canberra is a nice place compared to Wigan, smart recruiting strategy

Yeah, the fact is whilst the argument will always be made that Sydney/Brisbane/Canberra are nicer places to live than Canberra, Canberra is a damn sight nicer than Hull/Bradford/Wigan.

Patorick

Staff member
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/44368409

Warrington Wolves have signed versatile forward Jason Clark from South Sydney Rabbitohs on a two-year deal starting in 2019.

Clark, 28, was told he was surplus to requirements at Redfern beyond 2018, prompting a fans' petition to try to persuade the club to change their mind.

The 2014 Premiership winner, who has made 157 appearances for the Rabbitohs, will now move to Super League.

BranVan3000

Coach
I’ll miss Clarky, one of the last of the dying loyal one club players

I’ll always think Souths probably ruined him by turning him into a forward when he was a sensational dummy half who could have had a much bigger career in that position. But his desire to play for Souths meant be reshaped his body from a quick and smart number 9 into s grinding middle forward.

He has always punched above his weight, a great competitor who does all the 1%ers, and well deserved place as a Grand Final winner. Anytime it seemed like the game may have passed him and was dropped to Bears he would come back better than before.

His form this season is the best he has ever been. I personally don’t get the logic in moving him on. We won’t find a better forward on his coin, especially considering he is viable for long service reductions. But he has earned a big pay day before retirement and glad it’s in Super League instead of another NRL club, and Warrington have a great acquisition on their hands.

I expect he will emerge as an aspiring first grade coach in a decade or so. I was trained in the same team as Jason with his dad as coach so it’s in his blood to don the coaches hat

First Grade
I’ll miss Clarky, one of the last of the dying loyal one club players

I’ll always think Souths probably ruined him by turning him into a forward when he was a sensational dummy half who could have had a much bigger career in that position. But his desire to play for Souths meant be reshaped his body from a quick and smart number 9 into s grinding middle forward.

He has always punched above his weight, a great competitor who does all the 1%ers, and well deserved place as a Grand Final winner. Anytime it seemed like the game may have passed him and was dropped to Bears he would come back better than before.

His form this season is the best he has ever been. I personally don’t get the logic in moving him on. We won’t find a better forward on his coin, especially considering he is viable for long service reductions. But he has earned a big pay day before retirement and glad it’s in Super League instead of another NRL club, and Warrington have a great acquisition on their hands.

I expect he will emerge as an aspiring first grade coach in a decade or so. I was trained in the same team as Jason with his dad as coach so it’s in his blood to don the coaches hat
Never heard of the f**ker