What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Would You Take Back

I watched the game last night and Robbie was good. I reckon he should come back now on a minimal contract. The problem is that leaves Reynolds or Marshall left right out.

I think he was more than good last night.

Come back? I couldn't see it happening but I'd be happier to have him at 9 instead of Taylor.

Reynolds or Marshall left right out? IMO it would work with Marshall on bench, as for being left right out, well that would be Taylor never playing in the 9 and allows Liddle to get over his latest injury.

Did anyone catch the Ch 7 news last night, if showed Farah's business venture called Two4Seven Events and 247 - the number of games played at Tigers. I guess 'I hate JT Events' doesn't sound like a professional events company.

I was thinking the same watching last night's game. He started off a bit clunky but soon found his form. How good would it be to have that. A massive difference to what we have. Can't see souths letting him go by June 30 with origin still going.

Vozzy

Juniors
After watching last night I agree can see Robbie playing a Benji type role. Last night he didn't overplay his hand.

His attitude to being in reserve grade seems good because unlike at the tigers he knows Cook has earnt the right to take his spot. Looks like he has come to realise that he has had a great career and nothing wrong with as you get older your not the same player as 5-10 years ago.

I'm 50/50 on whether bringing back old players from the last 5 years is a good idea. I felt this year we have moved on. I know we have weaknesses but we are moving in the right direction. Seems like hooker/fullback/left centre and better impact off the bench is where we need to address but I think we should be patient.

but I think we should be patient.
100% agree.
I think we have 2 9's (Liddle & MM) who can do particular jobs pretty well. I do not think using Godinet & Taylor help at all. Grub though, as a fill in when either of the 2 need a break can work.

But boy, an 80 minute hooker, that would be something ;)

Clifferd

Coach
Liddle is good for about 30-40 mins. That’s the reality. Plus injury prone

With the sort of team we have it’d be a blessing in disguise if we had an 80 min quality dummy half

Imagine a dynamic player like Cook behind our pack

Das Hassler

Bench
Liddle is good for about 30-40 mins. That’s the reality. Plus injury prone

With the sort of team we have it’d be a blessing in disguise if we had an 80 min quality dummy half

Imagine a dynamic player like Cook behind our pack

But isn't Liddle still recovering from double shoulder reconstruction?....he's not up to it right now but i wouldnt be puting a line through him yet. Remember Benji 2003 / 4 ?....a lot of people wrote him off then...shoulders...knee...there wouldnt have been another club that would have taken a chance on him at that stage. ...Liddle is about the same age as Benji then and from all reports has the same determination to make it...a good offseason and next year who knows...consider Brooks models '17 and ' 18

Clifferd

Coach
But isn't Liddle still recovering from double shoulder reconstruction?....he's not up to it right now but i wouldnt be puting a line through him yet. Remember Benji 2003 / 4 ?....a lot of people wrote him off then...shoulders...knee...there wouldnt have been another club that would have taken a chance on him at that stage. ...Liddle is about the same age as Benji then and from all reports has the same determination to make it...a good offseason and next year who knows...consider Brooks models '17 and ' 18

Yeah he is but that doesn’t change the fact we need a week in week out 80 min hooker. It will help our team shit loads let’s be honest

Carrying a busted hooker, Macca and Godinet not setting the world on fire and et...lol

Farah would easily be the best dummy half at the club if he came back

Das Hassler

Bench
Yep...i go along with that...i guess i was more talking about his future...he could well end up challenging for the SOO spot within a couple of years but he's struggling now. Robbie. ..one good game doesn't necessarilly equate to an extended period wirh no drama back here but who knows....i noticed last night he didnt try any of his late WT era hero plays and i wonder how long he can stick to that. But...having said that Ivan could probably bring out the best in him on a consistant basis. He's a smart guy and people learn so it would probably work if he'd play for wages

BuffaloRules

Coach
I said last year we should’ve taken Robbie back on a minimum contract....atleast he’s an 80 min hooker

Would instantly solve most of our problems and be the perfect mentor for Liddle

Mimimum contract is $100k per year..,I’m sure he is getting paid more than that at Souffs and doubt he would be bothered running around on that coin..

If McQueen is getting paid $400K I’m sure Robbie would be on that this year..

BrotherJim05

Bench
It can't be a coincidence that Cooks form hit a new level since Robbie arrived at the club. I'd bet the house he is playing a mentoring role and is probably stoked to see his apprentice become arguably the best hooker in the game. I'd take Robbie back for the rest of the year in a heartbeat. Would even include an extra year option in clubs favour (similar to Benji deal this year). Having Farah as your backup hooker and mentor to young Liddle would be enormous for us. It would also do justice to giving Farah the proper farewell he deserved

magpie_man

Juniors
The way I see it: if we legitimately want to make a run for the finals ET/Goodinet/30-min-Liddle at #9 simply are not going to cut it.
Cleary doesn't seem to rate MM and, as far as I'm concerned, we need Grub at #6 because Benji is really showing the signs of week-to-week grind taking its toll.
For the right price, we'd be mad not to at least have a conversation with Robbie.

macnaz

Staff member
The way I see it: if we legitimately want to make a run for the finals ET/Goodinet/30-min-Liddle at #9 simply are not going to cut it.
Cleary doesn't seem to rate MM and, as far as I'm concerned, we need Grub at #6 because Benji is really showing the signs of week-to-week grind taking its toll.
For the right price, we'd be mad not to at least have a conversation with Robbie.
At the least it would be a very good PR stunt as i know plenty that have left the club as a result of his treatment .
Also he defends as good as any our forwards and plays 80 mins...
AND KNOWS WHERE A HALVES CHEST IS.

gordsy

Juniors
I'd wish for Scott Prince, haven't had a good half since.
Benny Galea would be nice as well .

Brooks has come on wonderfully this year. He's been sublime in the games where Benji hasn't got over involved and stunk it up.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Teddy’s been average for the roosters. TBF I don’t think they know how to use him properly

But yes both back in an instant

Tiger05

First Grade
I hate the Turd though. He was such a twat when he left us. Ado-Carr just wasn't offered enough to stay and clearly he is a quality player. We were good to the Turd but he screwed us. I don't think we want players like that at our club although we do want players with that ability.

I wonder how Woods would have gone if he was out there last night. The only forward I think he could replace would be RCG but I don't think Woods is really a SOO player.

Latest posts