What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

This is where I am at: BA has clearly dropped the ball and failed to build a 2019 side suited for rule changes or refereeing styles. Like Paul Green, his team are struggling with form and execution.

With only 2 wins at the halfway mark, the club would be within its rights to bone him if they determine that he (like SK was) out of his depth and has lost the confidence of the Board.

maybe it's time to call him before the board and ask him what is his plan to turn things around for 2019 if he trots out the same tired responses he does at every press conference then punt him

T.S Quint

Coach
maybe it's time to call him before the board and ask him what is his plan to turn things around for 2019 if he trots out the same tired responses he does at every press conference then punt him

I would assume that BA is in regular contact with Bernie, who would be in regular contact with the board.
They would already know what his plans are for next season (and probably beyond). I'm guessing they will wait to see how he goes about recruiting to fulfil these plans, and if they don't like how it is going, then they will let him go.

I'm betting on him staying through to 2019 at least. If he doesn't start the year well, then they will look elsewhere.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This is where I am at: BA has clearly dropped the ball and failed to build a 2019 side suited for rule changes or refereeing styles. Like Paul Green, his team are struggling with form and execution.

With only 2 wins at the halfway mark, the club would be within its rights to bone him if they determine that he (like SK was) out of his depth and has lost the confidence of the Board.

If a better option presents itself for 2019 or 2020, then the Board should look at the market and act - if BA is not in their plans.

It is also understandable that the club sticks with him in 2019 if they think he is a capable coach, taking into account the cash it will cost us to replace him next year.

I tend to agree.

I think BA does not know how to arrest the slide because, as the old cliche goes, the team has forgotten how to win.

The opposition gets some time with the ball, we defend valiantly for a while but eventually crack, and heads drop, with an, "Oh no, here we go again!" attitude.

It's difficult to change this, especially when your roster is below par.

And even more so with the stupid rule that only top 30 players can play First Grade (not that any Wenty players deserve a call-up).

If a better option presents itself for 2019 or 2020, then the Board should look at the market and act - if BA is not in their plans.

It is also understandable that the club sticks with him in 2019 if they think he is a capable coach, taking into account the cash it will cost us to replace him next year.

Well, I don't know whether he has failed to build a 2019 side suited to rule changes quite yet.

There would want to be a very marked improvement in results and attacking proficiency if he's to have any hope of staying on in 2019 (in his current role). He has had no luck with injuries, but there are still enough first graders out there to do better than we have.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/f9b4a1f1104ce1e3b901dd18c6572ce4

Brad Arthur safe as Eels boss Bernie Gurr weighs in on club’s woes

Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
13 minutes ago

BRAD Arthur’s job is not under threat and Parramatta chief executive Bernie Gurr says people calling for the coach’s head have “short memories”.

Gurr also defended the club structure in place around the coach amid growing calls for the Eels to employ a Phil Gould-type head of football.

The embarrassing 30-4 loss to Newcastle ranks among the worst performances in the club’s recent history, and after 13 rounds the Eels look destined for another wooden spoon.

As bad as the Eels have been this year, the question is why a club with financial wealth and resources doesn’t have a heavy hitter like Gould in place to oversee the entire football operation.

Gurr said Arthur had plenty of experienced coaching and welfare support staff as well as Peter Sharp as head of recruitment, Craig Sultana as football manager and Nathan Cayless in charge of the elite junior program.

Adding to the drama, halfback Mitchell Moses will be sidelined for about three weeks after hurting his knee on Saturday night, while Tepai Moeroa faces a suspension of between three and five weeks for a shoulder charge.

Bevan French and Peni Terepo will also have to prove their fitness for Saturday’s clash with North Queensland in Darwin after being concussed playing Newcastle.

Corey Norman is expected to return from injury.

Gurr agreed the performance against Newcastle was “not acceptable”.

“Effort is fine but you not only have to play hard, you have to play smart,” Gurr said.

“I didn’t think we played that smart.”

But asked if Arthur, who is contracted until the end of 2019, still had the club’s complete support, Gurr said: “Yes, we are behind him.

“People have short memories.

“We went 16 and eight in the regular season last year and finished fourth.

“The expectations of ourselves and every decent rugby league judge and media pundit in the NRL had Parramatta in their top eight this year and many of them had them in their top four.”

JokerEel

First Grade
We don't need a Gould type but the club does need to show that they are trying to make changes...

Adding some halves coach someone that is better than what we have now..
Replacing our Wenty coach..

Mickyd39

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/f9b4a1f1104ce1e3b901dd18c6572ce4

Brad Arthur safe as Eels boss Bernie Gurr weighs in on club’s woes

Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
13 minutes ago

BRAD Arthur’s job is not under threat and Parramatta chief executive Bernie Gurr says people calling for the coach’s head have “short memories”.

Gurr also defended the club structure in place around the coach amid growing calls for the Eels to employ a Phil Gould-type head of football.

The embarrassing 30-4 loss to Newcastle ranks among the worst performances in the club’s recent history, and after 13 rounds the Eels look destined for another wooden spoon.

As bad as the Eels have been this year, the question is why a club with financial wealth and resources doesn’t have a heavy hitter like Gould in place to oversee the entire football operation.

Gurr said Arthur had plenty of experienced coaching and welfare support staff as well as Peter Sharp as head of recruitment, Craig Sultana as football manager and Nathan Cayless in charge of the elite junior program.

Adding to the drama, halfback Mitchell Moses will be sidelined for about three weeks after hurting his knee on Saturday night, while Tepai Moeroa faces a suspension of between three and five weeks for a shoulder charge.

Bevan French and Peni Terepo will also have to prove their fitness for Saturday’s clash with North Queensland in Darwin after being concussed playing Newcastle.

Corey Norman is expected to return from injury.

Gurr agreed the performance against Newcastle was “not acceptable”.

“Effort is fine but you not only have to play hard, you have to play smart,” Gurr said.

“I didn’t think we played that smart.”

But asked if Arthur, who is contracted until the end of 2019, still had the club’s complete support, Gurr said: “Yes, we are behind him.

“People have short memories.

“We went 16 and eight in the regular season last year and finished fourth.

“The expectations of ourselves and every decent rugby league judge and media pundit in the NRL had Parramatta in their top eight this year and many of them had them in their top four.”

We'll BA is definitely gone if he has the support of the board.

Latest posts