What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mate against mate as Slater, Smith fall out

Barkley

Bench
I can’t believe all this hate towards this hard working journalist. I used to be like you sheeple and not believe what I read on the interweb but I won’t make that mistake again.

I know this story is true and I hope this fractured friendship destroys the QLD team for years to come.

Last edited:

Zerô

Juniors
The old sleeping around rumour.

Do you know how many times that's been brought up in League history? Players must be barely able to train for all the back door shenanigans that have allegedly occurred.

There were LU members that insisted that He Maire Martin was boning Trent Merrin's missus, for example

How do you know players tap the back door?

Vozzy

Juniors
So he heard from his dogs best friends owners step uncle that Smith didn't send Slater a Christmas Card this year.

Danny Weidler probably thinking I'm going to make this story up just before origin

TheRam

Coach
Isn't it obvious? Smith has no time for Leaguie mates anymore. He's got all those AFL mates to gang out with now. Who's got the time. Bigger fan base bigger parties. No brainer really.

Pass the credit card and mirror lads. I brought my own straw.

GongPanther

Referee
The old sleeping around rumour.

Do you know how many times that's been brought up in League history? Players must be barely able to train for all the back door shenanigans that have allegedly occurred.

There were LU members that insisted that Tia Maire Martin was boning Trent Merrin's missus, for example
And if Martin had,Merrin would have been behind bars by now.

TheFrog

Coach
There were LU members that insisted that He Maire Martin was boning Trent Merrin's missus, for example
The identity of the lucky girl isn't really known but it's pretty common knowledge around the club that this is what happened. There is no other logical explanation. The bloke did the off season as 5/8 alongside Cleary and was going the better of the two, then suddenly he was in reserve grade and then out the door.

Canard

Immortal
The identity of the lucky girl isn't really known but it's pretty common knowledge around the club that this is what happened. There is no other logical explanation. The bloke did the off season as 5/8 alongside Cleary and was going the better of the two, then suddenly he was in reserve grade and then out the door.

It's not the "only logical" explanation. It's been debunked by non other then Phil Gould himself

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-te-maire-martin-rumours-20170701-gx2sgf.html

TheFrog

Coach
It's not the "only logical" explanation. It's been debunked by non other then Phil Gould himself

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-te-maire-martin-rumours-20170701-gx2sgf.html

Think about it for a minute. Speaking for the Penrith club, he couldn't exactly confirm it, now could he? Not only exposing the club to legal action but identifying innocent parties in the playing group who would already have been suffering considerable grief. For the same reasons (mainly the first one) the media had to keep mum. They would have known.

What other logical explanation do you have? A falling out with the coach? That would have been all over the media a la Elijah Taylor. There was no explanation given whatsoever for dropping then releasing a quality player who was performing well.

Last edited:

Latest posts