What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

jaseg

Juniors
Yeah, I guess - also the Morris boys?

Whatever happened to Tolman?

Tolman's still there, has been injured since round 4 but as far as I remember should be back soon. I just don't like him that much - offers far too little for the coin he's on.

I was only thinking about the pack... but the Morris twins? Yeah, at the right price. They're still very good players - just stuck in a totally dysfunctional attack for the past one-and-a-third years. Though they'll be 32 at the start of next year, and Brett in particular has had his fair share of injuries... so I'd be wary, too.

Just Ah Mau we don't need any more backs. Our depth is crazy good in most areas bar Front Row. 1 more good quality Prop and we could be the best pack or up there for 2018. I have been proven wrong from Paasi, Afoa, Gavet and to an extent Lisone. We still have Vete and Satae so hmmmmm looking very strong.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sounds like Peter O'Sullivan will end up at the Warriors

Would want to be very careful there, his track record is good but his methods haven't been

jaseg

Juniors
Sounds like Peter O'Sullivan will end up at the Warriors

Would want to be very careful there, his track record is good but his methods haven't been

This rumour has been floating around for a while, though I hadn't really given it any credence until today (where multiple new reports are surfacing).

Amazing at identifying and bringing in the best juniors. I just don't want him doing anything else... as you say, he's not exactly the cleanest bloke in the game.

Rich102

Staff member
Controversial recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan is set to be given a second life by the Warriors, less than two years after he was de-registered by the NRL.

The Warriors confirmed via Twitter on Tuesday that the former Melbourne and Sydney Roosters talent spotter would be joining the club, ending a month of speculation about his future.

The deal is yet to be ratified by the NRL, who in 2016 cancelled his registration after alleged links with controversial punter Eddie Hayson.

However, it's understood that is likely to be complete this week with conditions placed on O'Sullivan's registration.

"The NRL is in discussions with the Warriors but has not registered Mr O'Sullivan at this stage," an NRL spokesman told AAP.

The news comes after Manly tried to fill their vacant recruitment department with O'Sullivan earlier this month, and is a massive boost to the resurgent Warriors.

O'Sullivan helped set up the Storm's era of dominance alongside Craig Bellamy during his time there and is credited with helping spot the likes of Billy Slater, Greg Inglis and Israel Folau.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for the Warriors to secure the services of someone at his level. It's a role that’s crucial for the future and we certainly believe [O'Sullivan] brings a lot to the table," said Warriors CEO Cameron George.

He played a significant role in the Roosters' all-star squad of the past decade since moving there in 2007, helping to identify stars such as Roger Tuivasa- Sheck and Boyd Cordner.

Warriors head coach Stephen Kearney, who worked with O'Sullivan at the Storm, has also given his endorsement of the move.

"I've had a pretty long relationship with [O'Sullivan]…it's good to have him here so we can keep that talent here and build a programme so we make sure we develop that talent," Kearney told media on Tuesday.

His arrival in Auckland comes as the Warriors have made significant steps forward in the past six months, having also signed former Melbourne and Brisbane strength and conditioning coach Alex Corvo.

The club undertook new ownership earlier this month with the Auckland Rugby League, where they vowed to help keep local junior talent at the club.

O'Sullivan will no doubt play a vital role in this.

On the field the Warriors are flying, having spent the entire season in the top four and are on track for their first finals appearance since 2011.

AAP/Newshub.

Skinner

Coach
Controversial recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan is set to be given a second life by the Warriors, less than two years after he was de-registered by the NRL.

The Warriors confirmed via Twitter on Tuesday that the former Melbourne and Sydney Roosters talent spotter would be joining the club, ending a month of speculation about his future.

The deal is yet to be ratified by the NRL, who in 2016 cancelled his registration after alleged links with controversial punter Eddie Hayson.

However, it's understood that is likely to be complete this week with conditions placed on O'Sullivan's registration.

"The NRL is in discussions with the Warriors but has not registered Mr O'Sullivan at this stage," an NRL spokesman told AAP.

The news comes after Manly tried to fill their vacant recruitment department with O'Sullivan earlier this month, and is a massive boost to the resurgent Warriors.

O'Sullivan helped set up the Storm's era of dominance alongside Craig Bellamy during his time there and is credited with helping spot the likes of Billy Slater, Greg Inglis and Israel Folau.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for the Warriors to secure the services of someone at his level. It's a role that’s crucial for the future and we certainly believe [O'Sullivan] brings a lot to the table," said Warriors CEO Cameron George.

He played a significant role in the Roosters' all-star squad of the past decade since moving there in 2007, helping to identify stars such as Roger Tuivasa- Sheck and Boyd Cordner.

Warriors head coach Stephen Kearney, who worked with O'Sullivan at the Storm, has also given his endorsement of the move.

"I've had a pretty long relationship with [O'Sullivan]…it's good to have him here so we can keep that talent here and build a programme so we make sure we develop that talent," Kearney told media on Tuesday.

His arrival in Auckland comes as the Warriors have made significant steps forward in the past six months, having also signed former Melbourne and Brisbane strength and conditioning coach Alex Corvo.

The club undertook new ownership earlier this month with the Auckland Rugby League, where they vowed to help keep local junior talent at the club.

O'Sullivan will no doubt play a vital role in this.

On the field the Warriors are flying, having spent the entire season in the top four and are on track for their first finals appearance since 2011.

AAP/Newshub.
No sure about this bloke........

jaseg

Juniors
F***.

Well, that's what you get when you aren't giving your best prospects (who are performing well in lower grades) the opportunities they deserve and instead loading up on minutes for guys who are pushing out crap. Just another casualty of the way our club does these things.

Good thing we've got Sam Lisone through 2020 to take up the load, though.... right? Right?!

In Sataes defence or any other player in fact if the Storm come calling with a 3 year deal you know you as a player are going to be taken to another level

Everyone wins in this case i feel. Satae wins, Storm wins, We win cos Ah Mau is a replacement

TheDMC

Bench
I do feel the warriors are historically too conservative about giving emerging young players debuts/ solid game time. Instead persist with mud players for too long.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Serious question: If / When the Satae deal is confirmed - should he still be picked in first grade for the rest of the year?

Latest posts