What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters dilemma in 2019: Cordner, Crighton and Radley are the three best second rowers in the NRL

adamkungl

Immortal
Well if Gus wouldn't pick him, then my apologies.

When Gus has the balls to coach a rep side again instead of his annual sooking then he can cut him.
In the meantime Freddy, Buderus, Alexander will be picking him for NSW and Meninga will be making him Kangaroos captain.

betcats

Referee

When Gus has the balls to coach a rep side again instead of his annual sooking then he can cut him.
In the meantime Freddy, Buderus, Alexander will be picking him for NSW and Meninga will be making him Kangaroos captain.

Only rep coaches opinions count now do they? You could swap out Boyd for Mitchell the last ten years and it is the exact same arguments: "Laurie and the selectors picked him they know more than you!" and my favourite: "He is highly rated in that other roosters fan forum"

Lol Gus has been a bit busy rebuilding struggling Penrith club, kind of a much bigger job than coaching 3 games of footy a year but you are right, since he hasn't coached NSW in 15 years im sure he has forgotten everything he knows about rugby league, spectacular argument, why don't you try and counter what he said with something that makes sense? How is Gus wrong? LOL I will wait.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach

Not if Big Jake has anything to say about it. Give him the (C) right now.

adamkungl

Immortal
why don't you try and counter what he said with something that makes sense? How is Gus wrong? LOL I will wait.

Only need to go back to the last rep game played.
But according to your mate Mx World cup finals don't count lol

betcats

Referee
Bit rich from someone whose argument was "You think Gould doesn't know footy?"

Hypocrite

Reaching massively and failing. I haven't disregarded the selectors opinions in any way shape or form in that comment, just questioning you statement that you have to be a current rep coach to have an opinion.

My comment you have quoted was responding to Tommy who said something along the lines of "only casual fans who don't know footy don't rate him" I was pointing out Gus is one of those so called casual fans.

Keep trying genius.

adamkungl

Immortal
Reaching massively and failing. I haven't disregarded the selectors opinions in any way shape or form in that comment, just questioning you statement that you have to be a current rep coach to have an opinion.

My comment you have quoted was responding to Tommy who said something along the lines of "only casual fans who don't know footy don't rate him" I was pointing out Gus is one of those so called casual fans.

Haha no it wasn't. You brought up Gus out of nowhere to back up your sooking. Tommy's "dumb fans" post was 3 posts later.

You brought up a commentator with an opinion like it was special, I brought up the selectors as counter. You can't even follow your own posts.

Genius.

upload_2018-6-5_14-55-1.png

Haffa

I'd like to see the Roosters let him join Newcastle. We'd throw in Mitch Barnett in a trade.

Valheru

Coach
Only need to go back to the last rep game played.
But according to your mate Mx World cup finals don't count lol

They have no choice not to recognise it, same as the previous year's 4 nations because they both told me 2 weeks ago on the SOO forum that Cords 'has never performed at representative level"

lol

T-Boon

Coach
To be fair to Corner he is a gap back (or forward, same thing). It is hard to name any gap backs that are playing well and I think it is because there aren't any gaps on the field anymore.
Seriously I have not seen a gap all season. The defense is just a mile ahead of the attack. First the 13 man game became the 13 monster game then we had full time coaches just working on defense. Gaps are a thing of the past.

betcats

Referee
Haha no it wasn't. You brought up Gus out of nowhere to back up your sooking. Tommy's "dumb fans" post was 3 posts later.

You brought up a commentator with an opinion like it was special, I brought up the selectors as counter. You can't even follow your own posts.

Genius.

View attachment 20614

This is ridiculously sad. You literally wrote Goulds opinion off. I never once wrote off the selectors opinions that you mentioned, I just questioned you saying Gus doesn't get an opinion. How the f**k does that equal me being a hypocrite? Reaching so hard right now kungl, If anything you are the hypocrite for bringing the expert selectors opinions like it means something while at the same time writing off the expert commentators opinion(that I brought up), all in the same comment no less.

Again, keep trying genius.

big hit!

Bench
Phil Gould signed Tamou to a massive long term deal.

Clearly, he doesn't know everything.

Also his comments were clearly an intended rev up. But that probably went over your head.

More than adequate at NRL level. Games are won in the middle and I'd say RCG-Tamou-Merrin isn't such a bad starting trio at club level. Only need to look at Souths with the Burgii (holding the pill for a change), and Illawarra with Graham-Vaughan-Debelin to realise how important your starting middle third is to the weekly grind.