What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R14 Sat - Knights 16-18 Roosters @ McDonald Jones

Round 14: Knights v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 14
Newcastle Knights v Sydney Roosters
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Saturday 9 June 2018

Gates 1:15pm / Flegg 1:30pm / ISP 3:15pm / NRL 5:30pm

TL-NEW18.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Ken Sio 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Cory Denniss 5. Shaun Kenny-dowall 6. Connor Watson 7. Jack Cogger 8. Herman Ese'ese 9. Slade Griffin 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Aidan Guerra
Interchange: 14. Danny Levi 15. Chris Heighington 16. Jamie Buhrer 17. Josh King 18. Jacob Lillyman 19. Luke Yates 20. Nicholas Meaney 21. Brock Lamb

TL-SYD18.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Luke Keary 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Zane Tetevano 15. Kurt Baptiste 16. Mitchell Aubusson 17. Victor Radley 18. Nat Butcher 19. Lindsay Collins 20. Frank Paul Nuuausala 21. Paul Momirovski

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Jon Stone, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Drew Oultram
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Luke Patten

Feeder team matches
KNIGHTS (NSWRL) & ROOSTERS (NSWRL - Wyong)
SAT
Knights v Roosters / Wyong @ McDonald Jones, Flegg 1:30pm / ISP 3:15pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Don’t think the Knights will let what happened against Cronulla happen again, sadly I can’t see them getting over the top of the Chooks though.

Roosters by 18

Valheru

Coach
It depends on what team we trot out.

Being a non Sydney game 3 days after origin with a short turn around the following week I expect Cordner won't play and probably Napa. Latrell and Tedesco will depend on how they get through origin and Matterson still has the head issue.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Our chances depend largely on whether Ponga plays this game. I reckon he'll play and the Knights will win by 4 thanks to a last minute show-n-go by Connor Watson.

perverse

Referee
This legitimately seems like an impossible game for us with where we are at right now. I do believe we've got the talent to give anyone a run on our day... but we're wildly inconsistent and getting everyone to have a good day at the same time is proving difficult.

I expect the Roosters to get up comfortably, but if our forwards work hard for each other we could conceivably make a game of it. It wouldn't hurt if the Roosters Origin players were feeling a bit flat after the high of winning Game 1, either. Dan Saifiti is finally hitting some form, so I think if the Roosters focus on making his life difficult and can shut down Ponga, they will shit it in. If they let Dan carry the rest of our pack up the field, and Ponga gets some space, we might cause some damage.

Noname36

First Grade
Logic says the Roosters should destroy us. Even if they rest a couple of players their roster is still far superior on paper.

Noname36

First Grade
This legitimately seems like an impossible game for us with where we are at right now. I do believe we've got the talent to give anyone a run on our day... but we're wildly inconsistent and getting everyone to have a good day at the same time is proving difficult.

I expect the Roosters to get up comfortably, but if our forwards work hard for each other we could conceivably make a game of it. It wouldn't hurt if the Roosters Origin players were feeling a bit flat after the high of winning Game 1, either. Dan Saifiti is finally hitting some form, so I think if the Roosters focus on making his life difficult and can shut down Ponga, they will shit it in. If they let Dan carry the rest of our pack up the field, and Ponga gets some space, we might cause some damage.

I think Dan’s out for 4-6 weeks.

Latest posts